Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
463
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,182

Sincerity

Summary:

rating: PG, mild angst
pairing; kinda Remy/Rogue
disclaimer: I do not own the X-Men in any of their incarnations.
distribution: please ask first.
this hasn't been beta'd, try to bear with any spelling errs.
notes: this is comic-verse. Remy's thoughts about the relationship between himself and Rogue, could be any time pre-Antarctica.

Work Text:

Sincerity
Bt Lucinda

 

Remy sat on the roof of the mansion, alone with his thoughts. He was in the habit of thinking on the roof, claiming that it cut down on unwanted interruptions. This was actually true, being as most of the people here didn't go to the roof unless they could fly. Unsurprisingly, he was thinking about Rogue.

She didn't seem to think he was sincere. She questioned his devotion, accused him of flirting with every pretty face the team ran across. She had at one time suspected him of having something with Stormy, but she had finally realized that Stormy was like his sister. What more could he do to prove himself to her?

He hadn't been stealing anything since he had decided to stay at the mansion. He had stopped going out with other women, instead devoting his affections to Rogue. Half the time she was delighted by all the attention, and part of the time she couldn't seem to stand having him near her. She would be delighted when he gave her flowers one time, and the next accuse him of trying to sweeten her up with flowers. Half the time, using gentlemanly behavior like opening doors for her won him a brilliant smile, and other times she scowled at him, snarling that she could open her own blasted doors.

Some days she complained that she was the only woman on the team that didn't have a romance or two behind her, and then she would turn right around and accuse him of only flirting with her because she was a woman. He had been very concerned by these rapid mood swings, and asked the Professor if she had any sort of history of multiple personalities. The Professor had looked disapprovingly at him and had offered his assurances that that had been resolved, and he shouldn't be concerned about it.

He hadn't been particularly reassured. He didn't understand why she would react so differently. It wasn't just Remy catching her at bad times. Why didn't she think he could really truly be interested in her? He had hoped that she knew there was more to a relationship than just physical touching. He had hoped that she knew her life didn't have to be defined by the fact that she couldn't have skin to skin contact.

Remy had been faithful to her, not dating anyone else. He had offered her flowers of every sort. He had given her chocolates. They had gone to a variety of restaurants, he had even gone to chick-flicks with her. If that wasn't a sign of devotion... he shuddered.

What did it take to prove to her that he cared?

 

END