Actions

Work Header

Oblivious Envy

Summary:

Ana Maria comes to terms with a love she has already lost to a stubborn lad.

Work Text:

Oblivious Envy
by Smiley

 

Even after all the years spent sailing with the notorious Jack Sparrow, she is still amazed at how infuriating the man can actually be. He has a way of getting under her skin and now after another one of his seldom temper tantrums she stands, alone, on the far deck of the Black Pearl.

"No lo soporto, porque me quedo? Me debo de largar." Ana Maria whispers to herself in her beloved mother tongue.

"De quien hablas?" The timid question forces the young woman to whirl around to face this newcomer, whom without her knowledge has snuck up behind her.

She is amazed to find herself face to face with the one and only Will Turner. She had no idea that the young man could actually speak anything besides the English she has become so accustomed to.

"You know Spanish?"

"Whom do you speak of?" The stubborn youth ignores her comment and instead repeats his question. This time in his own tongue.

She does not allow his insolence to get to her and instead prefers to indulge him. It wouldn't do good to kill her Captain's lover. The lad is the only one who can actually control the arrogant bastard.

"The captain. Of course."

"You must not let him get to you. He is not aware of whom he screams to when he is mad."

"And yet he never screams at you."

"What do you mean?"

Ana Maria tries to keep her mouth shut but unconsciously her mind is ready to extract its building anger out of her body.

"He never screams at you. On the contrary, even during one of his most foul days he is still caressing your hair or pressing kisses to your nape."

"That's not true!"

"Is it not? I cannot recall one single moment when he has lashed out on you. You asked for no special treatment when you came aboard and yet that's what you get every single bloody day. And for what prize? For spreading your legs. The whole crew knows it I'm just the only one willing to tell you."

By this time the lad had turned an especially dark shade of red and he seemed to be incapable of movement like a child during a fit of temper.

"How can you say such things?"

"I only speak the truth. I do not mean to hurt you and be assured my intentions are far from malicious. It's not like you could stop fucking him even if you wanted to. Why do blush? We all know that's what you do behind the closed doors of his Quarters. We can hear your moans and screams every night. But I'm not complaining. Far from it. Your moans keep him happy and sated. And as we all know, a happy captain is a good captain."

"What do you want from me? Your words sound like lies to me. You say you want me to stay and yet I know you want me to leave. You want him for yourself that's the only reason for why you speak such hateful things. You want to be the one he's kissing and hugging. And despite your dislike of me, I don't hate you and I don't think I ever will. But rest assured that I will not leave him. He needs me as much as I need him."

With those words said, Will Turner the Second headed back the way he came and as Ana Maria watched him close the large wooden doors of the Captain's Quarters behind him, she couldn't help but realize that his words rang true in her heart and that her anger at being screamed at was nothing but the bitter taste of unrequited love.

 

END.