Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
703
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,410

The FIrst Rainy Night

Summary:

Title: The First Rainy Night
Author: Zacari Revere
email address for feedback: zrevere@yahoo.com
fandom: Lord of the Rings
pairing: Aragorn/Legolas
Category: First times sap

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

One

The quest was over. Life had changed. Wizard, men, elves, dwarves and hobbits planned their respective journeys home.

After many hugs and farewells, Gimli and Gandalf took their leave. The rest tarried, sheltered from the pouring rain in a tiny hut, waiting for the sun. By the time night had fallen, they had eaten, bathed and prepared their beds for slumber.

The sudden drop in temperature made them pull the beds closer for warmth as they crawled in for the night. The four hobbits were accustomed to close quarters so cuddling did not phase them. Close together, Frodo, Sam, Pippen and Merry fell asleep almost as soon as their curly little hobbit-heads hit the pillows.

Aragorn and Legolas found it more difficult to attain restfulness. After some tossing and turning, Aragorn turned to spoon against Legolas' slender back, pulling him closer with a possessive arm
around his middle. "Is this comfortable for you?" he whispered.

"Yes, very." Legolas sighed with contentment. "I'm glad you're returning with me, even if it to be with Arwen."

"Arwen has found someone else. She sent me word days ago. It finally sunk in that I'm unforgivably mortal. She found an elf companion."

Legolas sat up in surprise. "Why didn't you tell me about this before?"

Aragorn drew in a long breath. "Because I was hurt at first and didn't want to talk about it." He reached for his bedmate and pulled him close again. "Although I will admit I also found relief in the message."

"Relief? Why relief?"

"Because her words freed me to love another. I was beholden to her, and though that isn't such an atrocity, I have had feelings for another."

"Theoden's niece?"

"No. No, not her."

It was too dark to see, but the perplexity was visible on the elf's smooth face. "Then who?"

"Perhaps I'd be wise to keep that to myself for a time. Until I see if the feelings are mutual."

"What if I tickle you?"

Aragorn wasn't sure he had heard him right. Legolas didn't usually joke around. "What?"

"If I tickle you, maybe you'll tell me who this mystery woman is."

The man laughed out loud, which didn't disturb the four sleeping hobbits at all. "You can tickle all you want and you'll never get a woman's name out of me."

"I see." Legolas rolled in his clutches, threw one leg over the supine king until he was partially covering him. "We'll find out." His fingertips touched the man's ribs and began lightly stroking as a prelude to what was to come. "Tell me or I'll tickle."

Aragorn arched toward him and caught his giggle before it was audible. "All right, you wicked elf! Back off! I'll tell you."

As Legolas' hand drew back, he found himself suddenly rolled onto his back with Aragorn's fingertips in his ribs. "Eep!" was his comment.

"Now, young Elf! Who's at *whose* mercy?" Aragorn hovered just above him, face to face, body to body. "You want to know the name of the mystery? You want to hear it uttered? Will it matter if it's you? Will you be offended or flattered? Will you be happy, willing, susceptible, or will you detest me? Will you smile and kiss me or will there be frowns of disapproval on that lovely face of yours? Will you love me as I love you?"

Moments of total silence passed while the elf digested the words, then, abruptly, his long arms rose and circled the man's neck and kisses were rained on his face. "Aragorn, I love you, I love you, I love you. I've always loved you, my lord. Thanks be to the gods of love and fate for making this possible." Legolas murmured reverently as he kissed Aragorn again.

Aragorn caught his breath after the onslaught of kisses. "I love you." he whispered in return. "I only want you, and I want you forever. I've obsessed over you, I've dreamed of you, my heart has hurt for you."

Quiet returned as they immersed in kisses and careful lovemaking.

At dawn, it was still raining. Lying cuddled together, fingers entwined, they listened to the drone that gradually became the most romantic sound they'd ever heard.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Zacari Revere.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.