Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-07-19
Words:
2,081
Chapters:
7/7
Kudos:
15
Hits:
3,483

The Price of Wizarding Fear

Summary:

Harry's family album holds an amazing secret.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 01

Chapter Text

Harry Potter and The Price of Wizarding Fear
By zelgadisgreywood

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all related characters belong to JKR.

Disclaimer II: Mr. Vincent Price belonged to no one but himself, his dear friends and family, and his adoring fans. While I normally have qualms against using real people in my fics, Mr. Price happily inserted himself into his own series of adventures ("The Price of Fear" which is where this fic gets its name.)

Warning: Mention of character death.

Summary: In his final year at Hogwarts, Harry begins to notice something very odd about the photos in his family album.

Archive: If you want to.
-------------------------------------------
-Chapter One-

For the first time in his life, Harry Potter's
aunt and uncle were celebrating his birthday.

Aunt Petunia had roused him in the normal way and he had walked right past his gifts before he realized what they were.

"Are you feeling all right?" he asked. "Can I get you a doctor? Perhaps you'd care to lie down?"

"Come on, boy." Uncle Vernon urged. "Open your gifts."

Harry opened a set of luggage, a week's worth of new clothes and a set of cardboard boxes.

"They're from your aunt." His uncle told him. "I wouldn't have bought you a paper bag."

"Hang on," he said, realizing where this was leading. "You promised..."

Aunt Petunia dragged Harry into the kitchen. "Your uncle and I are getting a divorce." she explained.

"Why?" Harry asked.

Aunt Petunia glared at him. "Don't ask questions."

She went into her and Vernon's room and packed her things.

"Lets go."

Aunt Petunia led Harry past the play park. Dudley's gang had torn down the last swing a month earlier, on the day before fate had caught up with him and he'd been killed in a drive-by shooting.

They made there way into London where they managed a find a landlady who still rented by the month.

That night, Harry was looking through his albums when he noticed that there were no pictures of his maternal great grandfather.

Tomorrow he'd be going back to school. Then he could ask Dumbledore about it