Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of Loving
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
555
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,303

Loving 6: Remedial Education

Summary:

Series: Loving
Fandom: The Phantom Menace
Category: AU
Pairing: Q/J
Warning: Het relationship (for the time being)
Summary: In which Qui shows Jane around the Temple, and she introduces him to unauthorized fun

Work Text:

Loving 6: Remedial Education.
by Ornery

After a long tour Qui headed her toward the main mess hall. There were a lot of stares, since the "Discussion" was all over the temple grapevine. Qui's blue eyes twinkled as he watched her grin unrepentantly as she related the conversation, nearly word for word. She was obviously tickled by the way the various beings managed to go "Bug-Eyed". The Council members seated at the Master's Table were utterly silenced. Not one of them gave so much as a peep when he and his wife sat down at a table with Obi and his friends instead of at the Master's Table where they were supposed to be.

"Won't they make trouble, Master?"

"And face your Mama? I rather doubt it. I've been reassigned to teaching Lightsabre Classes to beginners and intermediates. In other words, the Initiate Classes." His lips quirked. "It was the closest to an insult they dared."

"Ah, but it's not an insult, really. Only the best teachers have any business teaching a child that young how to handle something that they can so easily injure themselves with, love." Jane said
quietly. "I know how the assignment was intended, but frankly, I'm glad it's you who will be giving those lessons."

"I hadn't thought of it that way. You're right of course." He said thoughtfully.

"And this way, when you realize a child needs personalized attention, more than you have time for, you can alert a suitable Master. I think the younger a child is when the training bond is made, the better. By the time a Master has to be able to depend on the padawan, the bond
itself will have been established for several years and they will know each other rather well."

"And the padawan will trust the Master fully, and will be less afraid." Obi's friend Bant interjected.

"Yes. Qui, you're going to have to alert some of your friends and start Master Yoda's new padawan's training since the little shit has Council most of the morning." She pointed with her chin at the relatively small (for her species) three-year-old wookie seated next to Yoda and still towering over her master. "Clareooova will need the beginner classes."

"Master Yoda took a new padawan? A Wookie? How'd you manage that?"

Qui stared at her in disbelief when she told him, and the whole table was stunned into silence, then erupted into giggles. Qui Gon saw Yoda flinch. "I bet that'll keep him busy for a while."

"Oh, yes. And I have picked one out for Mace Winchu, too. His name is Kevin Laocilan and he's human. He's also a certified Genius. Which should drive Winchu up a wall, trying to keep him challenged."

"You are so bad, my love. Gods of my Fathers, I love to watch you work!"

"Good. Are you done eating?" She eyed his lap briefly before meeting his eyes.

"Yes." He said softly. "Obi, when you get back from your classes, do NOT open our door, regardless of whatever, er, noises, you might hear in there."

Obi sniggered. "Eeeew, of course not, Pop!" He teased and giggled as he got up to go empty his tray.

~~~~~
~TBC~
~~~~~

Series this work belongs to: