Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
712
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
730

Through the Fire

Summary:

CONTENT: VIOLENCE
CATEGORY: ADULT, ANGST, DRAMA
SPOILERS: Everything up until the beginning of Luke's and Laura's return and then everything is AU.
SUMMARY: Ummm.... A change in L&L's destiny.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the GH characters, they belong to ABC.
DISTRIBUTION: Please ask.

Work Text:

Through the Fire
by Juliet

 

Prologue: Canada 1993

 

At a remote town in British Columbia, at a diner called the Triple L, two people were dancing to their favorite song. The pair, who were the owners, were hopelessly in love, even after 12 years of marriage. These were two soulmates who had thought they'd lived through the very worst life threw at them and came through the other side not only seemingly unscathed but with a cherished son to boot. For the first time in several years, they felt safe and happy.

Too bad fate had a nasty surprise for them that would separate them for a long time.

"You're looking lovely tonight, Mrs. Spencer," said Luke Spencer.

"You're not so bad yourself, Mr. Spencer," Laura Spencer replied.

The duo had been dancing to one of their favorite songs, enjoying the quite of the day, as they had done everyday for the last three years.

Luke smiled. He couldn't have ever imagined that life could ever be like this. He was with a woman he loved more than life itself. He had a son who was resembling his parents more and more each day. Lucky had was definitely displaying Luke's cockiness and the boy had definitely inherited Laura's kind heart and gentle eyes. Luke could not imagine anything tearing him away from his home and family.

Laura smiled at her husband's goofy grin. "What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"I was just thinking how perfect my life is with my wife and son," he answered.

A shadow crossed Laura's face and Luke knew what she was thinking. "You did everything you could to get him back honey," he
said rubbing his wife's shoulders.

"What if I didn't?" Laura replied, "I may have left him all alone to be raised by that monster his grandmother is."

Luke sighed, this was a conversation he and his wife had many times. He'd probably never understand why his wife could've had a willing liaison with a Cassidine, let alone give birth to one's child. He remembered the tension that existed in the marriage for months after she'd told him about Nikolas and Stefan.

 

10 years ago.

"But he's different, he's not like the others," Laura pleaded.

"He's a Cassidine, Laura. They're all evil, all of them," Luke countered.

"Even my child?" Laura asked before spinning on her heel and storming out of the room.

 

Present Day

Eventually they patched things up and went to get Laura's son back. It ended with Helena saying that Stefan and Nikolas would never trouble Laura again and showing Laura and bloodstained toy of Nikolas'. The heartwrenching screams from his wife over Nikolas tore Luke's heart apart.

"Why don't we head home all right?" Luke suggested.

Laura nodded. "I'll lock up okay?"

"Be right back," Luke said, kissing his wife tenderly on the lips.

Laura smiled sadly as her husband left to get the Spencers truck. Although she was content with the life she had now, and loved Luke and Lucky with all she had, there was not a day that went by that she did not think about her lost son. She was grateful that Luke eventually came to understand her feelings towards Nikolas.

Suddenly she felt a tingle of fear up her spine sending a feeling of impending danger racing through her.

"Luke?" she asked walking towards the diner doors -

- and was blown backwards by a huge explosion that shattered the windows of the diner.

Laura sad on the floor dazed for a moment or two, then scrambled up to her feet heedless of the glass around her, and raced outside.

Her eyes frantically searched for her husband and their truck. Her knees buckled as she saw the truck and the life as she'd known it go up with flames in the blown up truck.

"LUKE!!!!!" she screamed as she slid bonelessly to the ground, her heart and soul shattering like the windows of the Triple L diner the loss of her soulmate.

 

end prologue

Hehehehe, you want more to this story, then cough up the feedback. The first chapter should be done soon.