Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
902
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
845

Remembrance 1

Summary:

Pairing: Chambers/Dureena
Warnings: This is a f/f slash story. There is some vague descriptions of nasty acts, nothing too explicit.
Summary: Sarah and Dureena after "The Needs of Earth"
Notes: This is my first Crusade slash, so any feedback, good or bad would be greatly appreciated. I sent this out to three beta readers a few days ago, but only one managed to get back to me. (Thanks! 8-D ) So I'm sending this as-is ...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Remembrance
by Iocane

 

Dr. Sarah Chambers sighed and opened the door to her quarters on the Excalibur. It had been a long day.

To her surprise, the room was already lit, although dimly. She peered into the darkness, and could make out a small figure moving towards her.

"Dureena ..."

"Shhh ..." The smaller woman stepped into the light and Sarah studied her closely. Sarah swallowed hard as her lover drew near. Dureena's arms slid up around her neck, pulling her head gently down.

Their lips met in a tender kiss. Sarah's arms slid around the thief's waist, part of her marveling at her smallness. The tall woman's hands moved down to cup Dureena's firm buttocks and the kiss deepened.

After another long moment, Sarah finally straightened, breaking the kiss. "Not that I don't appreciate it hon, but what brought this on?" One hand reached up to brush a lock of Dureena's silken hair away from her face.

The smaller woman looked down briefly, and stepped away, walking over to sit on the bed. "It was being back on Praxis."

Sarah joined her lover on the bed, sitting beside her and taking her hand gently in both of hers. "Oh, honey ..."

"Being there ... Remembering it all again ..." She paused for a moment, staring at the wall. Sarah recognized the look of pained remembrance and kept silent, knowing by now that Dureena needed to fight her own demons. Finally, she turned back to the taller woman and smiled. "Remembering what I had... or rather, what I didn't have back then ... Makes me appreciate what I have here all the more." She leaned close to Sarah, resting her head like a child on the other woman's shoulder.

Sarah wrapped her arms around Dureena and held her close, rocking her gently. After a long moment, she realized that Dureena had fallen asleep.

Moving carefully, Sarah lay Dureena back on the bed, letting the other woman sleep. Standing, she changed into a night gown, extinguished the candles, and got into bed beside Dureena. She pulled a blanket over them and wrapped an arm Dureena's waist, spooning the other woman against her. A moment later, she was asleep.

~~~~

The room is dark. A girl - almost a woman - waits in fear. It's happened before, but she still fears it. A door opens, a cold gray light falling into the room, framing the figure of a large man. He moves towards the girl. She shuffles back, trying to get away. She knows she'll suffer for resisting, but she refuses to let it happen without a fight. She whimpers as he moves closer, knowing it won't help; that no one can hear her but Him.

The man catches her, grabbing her arm in a viselike grip. He pulls her roughly to her feet, his free hand tugging at her ragged clothes. She fights him futilely, her tiny fists beating his chest as he touches her. The girl feels something between her legs. Something she's felt a thousand times before. The man pushes her against the wall, spreading her legs ...

~~~

"NO!!" Dureena screamed, awakening herself, and Sarah. She turned to the woman beside her, seeking the silent comfort of her arms.

Sarah wrapped her arms around the small woman, holding her tightly. She could feel the small frame tremble in her arms as she soothed her, stroking her hair. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked gently, not wanting to press too hard.

Dureena didn't look up, instead, she curled closer to Sarah.

"It happened when I was a slave ... I was ... young ..." Her voice was muffled, both by unshed tears and Sarah's shoulder. "Just the right age to be ... interesting. The ma-. The man who first ... bought me, he ..." Dureena sniffled. "He kept me in a room, small dark ... Every night he would ... Gods ... Why did I have to remember? I had almost forgotten. I thought I was over it ... But being back ... I remember it all. Every night ... Oh Sarah, why do people let things like that happen? I thought Gideon was a good person, but he didn't seem to care about the slaves down on Praxis. He's no better than the rest." Her voice was full of rage and hate. Sarah swallowed hard, wishing she could comfort Dureena more.

Dureena moved suddenly, pulling away from Sarah and cupping her face in her hands. "Sarah. Promise me that you'll never let that happen again. Not to me, not to anyone."

"I-Dureena ... I'll do what I can but -"

"Promise me!" Dureena's hands tightened.

"I promise!" Sarah's eyes were wide and she tried to hide the fear in them.

Dureena was still for a moment, then pulled her hands away and her face changed, relaxing slightly, calming. She looked at Sarah for a moment, then she saw the pale bruises on her face. "Oh gods ... " Her fingers gingerly traced the finger marks. "I'm so sorry ... I never meant to ..." She stood quickly, moving away from the bed, towards the door.

"Dureena, it's okay ..." Sarah stood as well, keeping her eyes on Dureena."

"No. I'm sorry ..." With that, Dureena slipped through the door, almost running.

Sarah bolted to the door and looked out, but the thief was gone. She knew better than to try and look for her.

If Dureena didn't want to be found, they could tear the ship apart panel by panel and still not find her.

 

End Part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Iocane.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.