Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-11-15
Words:
11,905
Chapters:
12/12
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
4,048

Marriage Binds

Summary:

Rating: PG-13
Pairing(s): Arthur/Lucius
Beta: none would really like one anyone interested?
Spoilers: sort of for OtoP but probably a bit AU off of that
Summary: Ever wonder why the Malfoys and Weasleys hate each other or why there is a nine year gap between Charlie and Percy. The answer is rather simple as most families of pureblood descend both Weasley and Malfoy practiced arranged marriages. However, arranged marriages go slightly array when one of the pair falls in love with someone else, before the arrangement is made official.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Girls are gross; they eat your ice cream

Chapter Text

Marriage Binds
by Blemery

 

Chapter 1: Girls are gross; they eat your ice cream.

March 17th 1953

The wealthy blonde was having a play date with his fiery-haired best friend neither of the two realized that the blonde's parents were meeting with the parents of the Black sisters; Bellatrix the six-year-old raven haired beauty, Andromeda the sweet, naïve, independent three year old and Narcissa the baby; down in the den. The latter was being arranged to marry the Malfoy heir at just a couple months old.

"And my horntail attacks your knight," Arthur declared bouncing on the blonde's bed as they played with some action figures like G.I.-Joes for wizarding children.

"Nuh-uh," Lucius growled, "my knight's armor is attack proof!"

"Oh," Arthur frowned lightly, and then giggled, "It is unless the dragon is protecting a fair maiden."

"What are you boys doing, playing with dolls?" Bella had skipped with her sister following as best a three-year-old could.

"No they are not dolls," Arthur argued laying down on his stomach his elbows on the bed propping his head in the palms of his hands legs bent into the air grinning madly as he watched stream come out of Lucius's ears.

"Who are you?" Lucius the precocious seven-year-old sneered angrily.

"Bellatrix Black," the raven-haired beauty curtsied prettily, "Mum and Dad are downstairs having tea and they sent us up to play with you."

Lucius glared angrily and then stomped out of the room, "Mother!" he snapped pounding each stair with precision of an enraged child ready to throw a temper tantrum at anytime.

Bella blinked at the redhead and then picked up the toy knight twirling it in her hands before tugging off the head. Arthur gasped and dove under the bed so as not to get blamed as the two girls' reeked havoc on the toys in the room.

"Mother," Lucius entered the parlor, four people sat around the table his mother and father who had the same blonde hair and grey eyes as he did and a man with raven-hair and blue with the finest robes and a women with golden blonde and hazel eyes with a bundled baby in her arms. Lucius paused looking at the pairs before clearing his throat. "Bellatrix Black is ruining my game with Arthur if you insist on having tea with her parents send them to Dolby's room!"

His mother frowned at him, "The house elf? Honey she'd much rather play with you."

"Well I want to play with Artie it's our special time now remove her," he ordered rolling his eyes at the incompetence of people mostly his mother.

"Well Lucius the girls are here for a special reason we decided that you're going to marry Nacrissa," his father told his son in the most ordering sort of way.

Lucius wrinkled his nose in confusion, "Lucius meet Narcrissa Elizabeth Black." Her m other held the infant out.

He gaped before looking appalled, "I don't want to marry a baby!" he stuck his nose in the air and turned his head in disgust.

The four adults laughed at his naïve thought, "Of course not Lucius you wouldn't marry her for eighteen years but you will marry her."

Lucius glared he never cared for being told what to do, "she better not still drool," he snarled turning on his heals he rushed out of the room. Enraged there was no way he wanted to get married not to her, "I hate her," he muttered to himself and he hated girls too. They'd see they'd never marry him. He reached his room in pure hatred he just wanted to lay in his bed and scream into the pillows.

When he opened the door the neat and clean room had gone to shreds their were parts to toys, blankets, pillows, books, even his rat were everywhere and two raven-haired girls in the middle of it all playing Hogwarts, which was where Bella played the professor and she gave her sister lessons and detention.

Tears of frustration welled up in his eyes; his perfect room and toys, he was going to have to marry that baby, and his special time with Arthur was ruined! The young boy stormed out angrily flopping on the couch in the den, bitter tears rushing down his face.

Luckily, Arthur had seen Lucius rush out and had followed after him. He enetered the den cautiously making his way over to the couch he sat down next to his crying friend. "Luke?"

Lucius blinked a confused look over to his best friend, "Arthur they want me to marry a stupid baby!" he wailed his head finding his friend's shoulder, "I don't want to!"

"Shh Luke, shh it's alright I have to marry too," Arthur reassured, "but not until she's eighteen."

"Is she a baby?" Lucius blinked knowing that his friend had to get married too helped reassure him.

"No, she use to be but now she's two and she is just terrible and ugly. I don't want to marry her but I have to!"

"I don't want to either girls are so gross!" Lucius pouted angrily, "And they mess up my room!"

"Yea and eat your ice cream," Arthur agreed.

Lucius gasped horrified, "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know perhaps we'll want to when the time comes that what my mum says," Arthur explained.

Lucius glared, "I don't think so."

"Well what can we do we're not muggles you know," Arthur explained.

"And thank god, but-but I..." Lucius scowled angrily he could not think of anything he could do.

 

TBC