Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,535
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,408

Dallas Central AU/WitchBlade: WarlockBlade

Summary:

This story is a new AU set in the universe of the WitchBlade in which there is a second blade called the WarlockBlade. It can only be wielded by the chosen male, but it is able to divided itself into nine parts.

Work Text:

FANDOM: Magnificent Seven - Dallas Central AU

CHARACTER: Ezra Standish, Chris Larabee, Vin Tanner, JD Dunne, Josiah Sanchez, Nathan Jackson, and Buck Wilmington.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Texas Aries and Setcheti have created The Dallas Central AU.

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights over the Magnificent 7 characters used in this story, which has been written for the joy of writing only . Trilogy Entertainment Group, the Mirisch Group and MGM own the Mag 7 characters/aspects of the story.

Without Prejudice. The names of all Witchblade characters contained here-in are the property of Warner Bros. Home Video. No Infringements of these copyrights are intended, and are used here without permission.


To See more background about the Dallas Central AU follow the URL: Dallas Central Introduction Page

The story can also be read at the following URL: Dallas Central AU/WitchBlade - WarlockBlade

Check out my other stories by following this URL: Lone Tree Creative Perserve




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


Dallas Central AU / WitchBlade - WarlockBlade
by Texas Aries

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezra moved quietly among the crates in the Dallas Museum's warehouse like a jaguar stalking his prey. He listened intently for any sound that might indicate where Macarthur, the mastermind behind the one of the domestic terrorist cells in the southwest, was hiding. The FBI agent was determined to bring this terrorist down and to see him stand trial for his crimes as well as the deaths of three fellow FBI agents who'd tried to infiltrate his organization. Standish had vowed to himself and the other men's families that he would bring Macarthur to justice and he was determined to do just that.

The FBI agent was making his way down one of the aisles when a red flash suddenly caught his attention. Thinking it could be the suspect he cautiously approached the area that the flash had come from, his instincts tingling as if in warning that something important was going to happen. As he drew close Ezra noticed that a crate was open and various pieces of jewelry were scattered around the nearby boxes, but only one piece held his attention.

It was a Celtic-style bracelet of beaten silver that might have once been worn by a great warrior or king, and the intricate lines of its design embraced a red stone that seemed to pulse as though it were alive, calling out to the primitive part of him, whispering that they belonged together. In somewhat of a daze Ezra reached out and picked it up, and was immediately assaulted by a flood of images that cascaded over him so fast he couldn't even try to make them out. Then from somewhere a premonition of danger made him dive to the side, slipping the bracelet on his wrist as he did so just as several bullets whizzed over his head.

Macarthur had snuck up behind him. The FBI agent fled down the nearest open aisle and dodged in and out of the maze of crates hoping that he could somehow get behind the shooter and turn the tables on him, but a wrong turn landed him at a dead end. Macarthur, who had been following close on his heels, saw that he had cornered Ezra up against some gas tanks and burst out laughing at the knowledge that he would finally get to take out one of his greatest enemies. He raised his gun and took aim, knowing that the trapped man had nowhere to go. 'Goodbye, traitor.'

Standing straight and looking his killer in the eye, Ezra prepared himself to die. He regretted that he would not get to say his final farewells to the men and women that were more than family to him, but he was comforted by the knowledge that his friends and teammates would hunt this man down and make sure that he paid for his crimes.

Then the gun went off and to the shock of both men the bullet ricocheted off a short sword that had appeared in Ezra's now metal-gloved hand, the red stone glowing brightly. Determined to kill this FBI agent Macarthur continue to fire wildly but every bullet was deflected by a deft move from the sword. He realized too late that he'd made a serious mistake when he saw one of the bullets spark off one gas tank before piercing another, which promptly exploded.

-----------------------------------------------

Nathan Jackson and Buck Willington had been on the way to pick the psychologist car from the dealership when they had been called to a fatality accident between a patrol car and a drunk driver. Nathan offered to drop Buck off but he refused, figuring that he might be able to help in some way. The officers that were involved were shaken and had some minor injuries but the drunk was dead. To Nathan that was a switch from what usually happen. Buck was looking after the two injure officers until the ambulance arrived while Nathan worked with the four other officers on the scene.

As he was processing the crime they started to hear police sirens coming closer to their position. The four police officers that were on the scene directed everyone off the road, just in time as a black Lincoln round the corner and sliding in the wet pavement into a park car on the other side of the street. It then reeves its engine before once again taking off heading straight towards them. The patrolmen drew their weapons and started to fire at the tires and body of the car, while the women and men that had been standing around watching the police work started to screamed and yell as they scrambled to safety. One of the police officers must have been lucky for the front right tire exploded causing the car to slam into a parked car down a little ways from them.

The passenger of the speeding vehicle jumped out and before anyone could stopped him disappear into the Dallas Museum. Then around the corner came two cars and a van all displaying flashing lights and sirens from which six detectives from Major Crimes and one lone FBI agent come pouring out with weapons drawn.

One of the patrol officers yelled out that the suspect had entered the Museum. The FBI JTCTF agent with his gun drawn immediately rush into the Museum after the fleeing man as Larabee screamed for him to stop. Inez, Raphael and Vin were pulling out rifles from the van, while JD and Josiah along with Larabee were popping the truck lids of their cars. All six detectives were quickly donning their bulletproof vests while keeping a vigilant eye on the dark Museum.

Nathan could hear what Larabee was saying to himself over the noise surrounding him but he didn't have to be a lip reader to know that Captain of Major Crimes was ripping the FBI Agent a new one.

Both Nathan and Buck knew that they and the small crowd needed to stay out the way of whatever was going down. Gently the two started to herd everyone away trying their busy to help their friends.

The Medical Examiner could Larabee order the patrol officers to the back of the building while the Major Crimes secure the front.

Buck could see that Josiah was on the radio probably calling for back up when they all heard the shots coming from within the dark building. The detectives started to rush forward only to be thrown back off their feet when the windows and door exploded outward. Flames quickly appeared, engulfing every inch of the building in raging flames.

There was no way Ezra could have survived the inferno that was raging. Tears of rage and sorrow fell from every eye at the sight, but the tears stopped and their eyes widened when a shape emerged from the flames like some demonic angel of death. Armored in glowing metal and carrying a long sword, the figure seemed to be completely unaffected by the flames trying to engulf it. As they cautiously approached it, though, the armor simply faded into nothingness to reveal a very dazed-looking Ezra, who promptly collapsed into Captain Larabee's arms.

Chris held his unconscious friend tightly, not believing that Ezra had walked out of the blazing inferno alive and apparently unharmed. When the building had gone up it brought back ugly memories of a young couple that he failed to save early in his career and that he had always blamed himself for. But in the shock of what had just happened he finally admitted to himself there was nothing he could have done to prevent it or to help them. He looked into the faces of his friends, and saw all of them reflecting the same astonishment he was feeling at the miracle that had saved Ezra from death.

At the arrival of several more patrol officers, allow Buck and Nathan made there way to Ezra's side, wanting to make sure that their friend was ok. Nathan knelt beside Chris and Ezra gently checking the FBI Agent for any broken bones, internal damage, burns or any other injuries but there wasn't anything. Gently he started to tap the Southerner on the cheek to try to revive him. "Come on, Ezra. Wake up."

When dazed green eyes blinked open to look up into the circle of worried faces, everyone sighed in relief. The FBI Agent groaned as he came to the conclusion that he'd been hurt somehow and was about to get a dose of mothering from his friends, then he suddenly sat up as the memory of the sword deflecting the bullets came back to him and he raised his arm to look at the silver bracelet that had sealed itself onto his wrist; he could tell that there would be no way to remove it without cutting it off.

Chris reached out to touch the red stone, fascinated by the pulsing light, only to find himself unable to move as though some force were checking him over to see if he was worthy. A voice sounded in his head, 'Accepted, the leader.' He jerked back his hand as he was just as suddenly released from the paralysis, but now his own wrist bore a chain with a smaller stone similar to Ezra's. Looking to see if there was some way of removing it but he came to the same conclusion Ezra had. It was permanent and that he was stuck with it.

The others pulled back as they saw the two men enfolded in a red light. Vin and Buck moved towards their friends as soon as the light receded to see if it had not harmed them in some manner, but Chris and Ezra both appeared to be fine. The other five men and one woman had moved to join them when another flare of light engulfed them all.

It was like they were surrounded by the pulsing redness that was in the stone, and each of them men and woman turned so that he or she could guard his fellow officers' backs while they guarded his or hers. The eight men and one woman drew comfort and strength from having their friends with them, and they all knew instinctively that as long as they stayed together they'd have a fighting chance. It was then that visions of the past started to flow across the red sky, showing them in different times and places fighting together, living together, and dying together.

Once the images had stopped a voice asked the men, "Do you accept the path of the champions of the WarlockBlade? Will you become the companions and protector of the wielder of the WarlockBlade?"

All the men somehow knew that the voice was speaking about Ezra, and from the visions they'd just been shown they knew that Ezra's life was in danger not only from mortal men and women but also from an unimaginable evil that would try to destroy not only the Southerner's body but also his mind and soul. And together they answered, "Yes!"

-----------------------------------------------

The only light in the room came from the huge fire that cast dancing shadows onto the paintings lining the walls. A voice filled with disdain asked, "Nottingham, did you get the WarlockBlade?"

From the shadows a tall man dressed in black stepped out into the flickering light. His eyes were cast downward as he replied, "No, Mr. Irons. Ezra Standish is the chosen one and has bonded to the blade."

The white haired man who had asked the question stood and whirled towards the one called Nottingham and demanded, "Bring the man and Sara to me. If I can't control either the WitchBlade or the WarlockBlade then I will control the ones who wear them!"

Nottingham knelt with bowed head, "It will be hard, my lord, for his eight companions have already stepped forward to protect him and he them. And Sara doesn't trust you or me."

Snarling, Irons turned his back to the kneeling man and stared into the fire. A flare of light highlighted the picture over the fireplace, showing eight men and one woman fighting together as one. A hard-faced blond with green eyes stood beside a man with a free wild look about him and eyes the color of a summer sky, then came a merry-looking dark-haired man followed by a much younger companion whose brown eyes reflected as much innocence as his protector's did mischief. A man fierce man with olive complexion and flash dark eyes stood beside a petit woman that stood tall and fierce as any Amazon would, and finally a much older man with silvering hair and piercing pale blue eyes accompanied a determined-looking black man. The seven of them were surrounding a eighth, man with catlike green eyes who was holding aloft a mystic sword.

 

-----------------------------------------------

When the Dallas Central detectives came back to the here and now, each of them was wearing a bracelet like the one Chris had acquired and that was obviously linked to the silver bracelet on Ezra's wrist by its own pulsing red stone. The new bond between them hummed with emotion; wonderment, fear and everything in between.

Chris knew he had to get his men away, to take them someplace private where they could come to terms with what the WarlockBlade had shown them; normally that would be his home, but Ezra's place was closest and he decided that the FBI's house would be the better choice for that reason. He ran interference with the arriving emergency personnel and other Dallas Central Officers until everyone could pull himself or herself together, and as soon as they were able to leave the scene without generating much suspicion. He herded Ezra into the car with him not wanting to let his friend out of his sight, while the others piled into the vehicles that had arrived at the scene with. Chris hope that they could figured out what to do when they got to Ezra's place.

Nathan quickly released the crime scene to the arriving Medical Examiner before he and Buck piled into his car and followed the others.

The End