Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
3,118
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,341

M7/TOD Xover: Tour of Duty Seven Style

Summary:

Magnificent 7 in Tour of Duty AU. This AU is set in Vietnam and was a result of a New Year Challenge of Setcheti’s. Never read or come across this type of crossover in either fathom so I figure why not. Plus fourteen really really hot men what hot blood woman could resist.

Work Text:

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights over the Magnificent 7 characters used in this story, which has been written for the joy of writing only (whether it be good writing or no) and for no other purpose (such as monetary gain). Trilogy Entertainment Group, the Mirisch Group and MGM own the Mag 7 characters/aspects of the story.

Magnificent 7 ranks and destinations:
· Chris Larabee - 1st Lt
· Buck Willington - Sgt 1st Class
· JD Dunne - Spec 4 - Explosive/Communications
· Ezra Standish - Buck Sgt - Covert Ops
· Vin Tanner - Buck Sgt - Sniper
· Nathan Jackson - Spec 4 - Medic
· Josiah S. - Spec 4 - Explosive Expert

Tour of Duty and its characters are the property of Zev Braun Productions and New Line. These stories are for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended.

Well this story takes place in Vietnam and includes all our favorite guys along with the hunks from Tour of Duty. The time frame for this piece is set sometime between the last week of November and first week of December 1968. Colonel Stringer is in charge of Camp Barnett - MacV-SOG.

Tour of Duty Cast is as follows:

· Myron Goldman- 1st Lt
· Johnny McKay- 1st Lt - Helicopter Pilot
· Zeke Anderson- Sgt 1st Class
· Marvin Johnson- Buck Sgt
· Danny Percell- Spec 4
· Alberto Ruiz- Spec 4 - HOG Gunner
· MarcusTaylor- Buck Sgt
· Francis Hockenbury- Spec 4 - Medic

Zeke Anderson is on his fourth tour of duty not his third as stated in the previous version.

SOG "technically" did not exist. It was covert, hidden, not formally acknowledged, however you want to look at it. Those that heard of it generally thought of it as "Studies and Observations Group"

 

The story can also be read at the following URL: Tour of Duty Seven Style

Check out my other stories by following this URL: Lone Tree Creative Perserve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tour of Duty Seven Style
by TexasAries

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was like most days in Vietnam, hot and humid long before mid day. The smell of rotting vegetation, human sweat, and damp earth scented the air. It was the type of humid that didn't encourage movement even breathing seemed a chore. The air itself sat heavy, as if there was a storm just over the horizon that would hit leaving nothing the same.

The men of Camp Barnett were feeling every bit of the heat and sultry air for tempers were frayed. So far only heated words were exchanged and no physical altercations had occurred. The only ones to sense something coming their way were Team Viking. They'd just finished helping to convert their hooch to accommodate ten men instead of five, which was a bad sign for all concerned.

Each man looked up as they heard jeeps heading their way. Seconds later it was confirmed by two jeeps filled with eight men. The only one Team Viking recognized was Baker, the others were complete unknowns. Baker was in the first jeep with three new Spec 4s while the second jeep contained the LT, Sergeant, and two Buck Sergeants.

The first man noticed by the Team was the LT. He was a tall, lean, good-looking, hard-assed blond with piercing blue-green eyes. Each man of Team Viking would swear that the temperature dropped by twenty degrees as his gaze raked over them. Each of them straightened to offer a proper salute, which was returned after he made a visual inspection of each Viking team member. His cool gaze softened slightly because he must have seen something that he liked. Team Viking made a collective decision this was one LT that none of them want pissed at them.

The Sergeant was quite different from his LT. He was just as tall and handsome, but his brown eyes twinkled with merriment as he took in the five men guarding their territory. His dark hair and mustache were neatly trimmed and his tall, muscular body was relaxed but gave off an air similar to their own Sergeant.

The next one noticed was the longhaired Buck Sergeant sniper seated behind the LT. His appearance was scruffy and rumpled-looking, and he was cradling a sniper's rifle tenderly in his arms. His unusual blue eyes were set in a pretty face, but surrounding the quiet man was an aura of danger. He constantly checked his surroundings; nothing escaped his notice including the measuring glances from Team Viking. Returning their appraising glances he offered a shy smile as one warrior to another.

The fourth man, another Buck Sergeant, was as opposite to the sharpshooter as their LT was from their Sergeant. He was currently trying to brush off some of the dust from his neatly pressed uniform, but as with the sharpshooter his green eyes were constantly moving and evaluating everything and everyone in sight. Taylor was about to dismiss this man as useless when he locked gazes with him and rapidly adjusted his opinion. This man was as deadly as the sharpshooter but hid it under the appearance of decorum. Both Taylor and the man recognized a fellow opportunist and gave each other a slight nod in acknowledgment.

In the second jeep was an older man near forty with almost solid gray hair and a large build that spoke of great strength. There was an air of spirituality around him almost like a preacher, but as with the other men danger clung to him, lying under the surface of his peaceful demeanor.

The sixth was a medic and the only black man in the group. Taylor and Johnson silently observed the man's behavior for he sat as easy with his team as they did with theirs. Throwing knives were strapped across his chest and unlike Hockenbury this man was no pacifist and would defend his brother warriors with everything he had.

The last man was young and at first glance Team Viking thought "newbie", watching his bubbling personality. But these men treated him like a fellow warrior, dispelling that idea before it was formed. If these warriors accepted this kid then he had to be just as dangerous as they were.

"Here you go guys, Viking hooch," was Baker's way of introduction. Then turning to the five waiting men he said, "Guys, M7 Team."

The five men gathered their gear and exited the jeeps, facing the waiting team. When their LT spoke he said, "Play nice and stay out of trouble."

"Hell Larabee, asking those five to stay out of trouble is like asking the cat to not eat the canary," was the laughing remark from their Sergeant.

With a quirk of his lips Larabee replied, "One can only hope, Wilmington."

The ten men watched as the two jeeps drove away before turning to face each other. It was like two wolf packs meeting in the same territory, unsure if it would end in a fight or cooperation. The first to break the silence was the oldest M7 team member.

"Brothers, I believe that we should introduce ourselves to our hosts. My name is Josiah Sanchez; I'm the demolition expert. The youngest is JD Dunne my assistant, our medic is Nathan Jackson, our sniper is Vin Tanner, and covert operative Ezra Standish." Each man gave a slight nod during the introduction. "The officers that drove away are LT Chris Larabee and Sergeant Buck Wilmington, apparently they will be sharing quarters with your Sergeant and LT."

Buck Sergeant Marcus Taylor made the quick introduction of Team Viking. "I'm Marcus Taylor, our gunner is Alberto Ruiz, Marvin Johnson, Danny Percell, and our medic Francis Hockenbury."

"I think Sarge and Sergeant Wilmington will get along okay, but I don't know how L-Tee will take sharing quarters with yours. He shot holes in the floor when MacKay's music crossed over into his territory," remarked Percell.

The quiet sniper smiled and in a thick Texas drawl replied, "I don't know Pard, I have a feeling if'n they don't kill one another on sight they just might hit it off."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant Clanton Ezekiel Anderson looked as his door opened to reveal an old friend. "Wilmington, you ol' dog. When did you get in?" asked Zeke as he clasped his arms around his friend.

Buck smiled and returned the hug. "Just got in, Zeke." Taking a step back he took a good look at his friend and liked what he saw. "Man you look good. I heard that you were on your four tour and couldn't believe it. I thought you were going home to Carol and your daughter."

Zeke moved away and waved Wilmington to join him in a drink. Buck dumped his gear on the free bunk and accepted the glass Zeke handed him. "Carol divorced me at the end of my second tour." Both men settled down at the desk, taking a moment to let each remember their respective pasts. Taking a sip of whiskey Zeke continued, "I didn't know what to do and then when a couple of the guys got killed I decided to come back and look after the rest of them till they rotated out." Zeke looked at his friend that should have left Nam a couple of years ago and figured he would understand. "After they left, I couldn't figure out what to do back home so I stayed. Then I met one of the most stubborn, arrogant, biggest pushover and best Lieutenant in this man's army."

Buck watched as a smile lit up Zeke's face. He'd read the report about Goldman and liked what he read and so had Chris. He was a kid that not only survived his first tour but also his second in country as well as having won the respect of his sergeant, his men, and some of the top brass. In the report it also told them that he was willing to stand up to see justice was done even at the expense of his career. This kid ... no this man had more courage, honesty, and plain stubborn determination than men half again his age.

Zeke saw the twinkle in Buck's eyes and knew something was up and asked, "Okay Buck, why are you here and why are you playing at being a Sergeant? The last I heard was that you hooked up with Larabee on some special ops team that's the best, so give."

Realizing that he couldn't lie to Zeke and he had the right to know, Buck seat his glass down on the table and told him, "You're right, Zeke. We're here for a purpose. We came to see how you and your LT work together. Chris and I got the go-ahead to make another special ops team and we want you and your LT to head it up."

Zeke leaned back to look at his friend. This offer sound just like the one Jim Doyle gave him and he hadn't wanted anything to do with it then and didn't now. "Look Buck, thanks..."

Buck seen the scope of expressions that crossed Zeke's face and realized that he'd had an offer before, but not one that he wanted. Buck figured that he had to explain and interrupted Zeke. "Zeke, listen this is up and up. We're working for a special section for Interpol headed by Director Travis. Our jobs are to bring down the most dangerous of criminals." Buck watched as the tension slowly left Zeke's body and he started to listen. "The ones that no country can touch because either the cops or government officials are on the take or don't have the manpower to do it. You will be working for Interpol, no shady deals, it's up and up." Buck leaned forward to emphasize his point and said, "You know Chris and me wouldn't be party to anything like that if it were. There are too many of these bad guys and not enough of us. So we decided to pull together another team that we can count on. Someone that can watch our backs and who we would do the same for, that's why were here. We know you but we don't know Myron or your men. This mission will give us a chance to see and evaluate your LT and men."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Larabee walked into the hooch that he was to share with LT. Myron Goldman and noticed the AK-47 bullet holes in the floor dividing the room in two. He felt his lips curve up as he took in the two different halves of the tent. One side of the hooch was basic army the other a den of comfort with a lazy boy and tape deck gracing it. The report on Goldman told him about Goldman sharing space with LT. McKay, another young man that he was thinking to add to the team. By all reports Johnny McKay was a little cocky, arrogant but a damn good pilot and a fighter.

Seeing the cot beside the door and assuming it was his he dumped his gear on it and headed out to meet Colonel Stringer, a man that Chris thought was a complete fool. Taking a last look at the bullet line, he wonder which one of them did it and why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colonel Stringer was watching the young Lieutenants that were standing in front of them. They were just too arrogant for their own good and the way Goldman babied his team was pathetic. Goldman's war record was good but the head count was a little to low for his taste. Once Goldman realized that these soldiers he was coddling would abandon him when he was in trouble then the sooner he would start treating them like he was supposed to. True, his men went looking for them when they were POWs, but that could be just for the Sergeant and not for this boy.

McKay was getting as bad as Goldman, both of them being influenced by that Sergeant of theirs. Another six months and that particular problem would be going home. Then he could straighten out these two L.T.s and making them into two perfect little soldiers to do as he wanted them to and make them pay for looking down their nose at him.

Stringer looked at the piece of paper that informed him that a LT. Larabee was coming in and that he would be running the upcoming mission. His full cooperation was demanded but no other specifics came with it. This frustrated him and he took it out on the two L.T.s standing in front of him. He knew this coming mission was important, he could just smell it. They were in on it and he was out. Out in the dark and no way he could claim any part of it. DAMN! How was he to move up in the ranks if these two assholes got all the glory?

A knock on the door and Major O'Connor came in followed by a man in his mid-thirties with the rank of Lieutenant on his collar. Deciding to make this L.T. wait, as well as the other two troublemakers, he continued to shuffle papers. This would teach these upstarts to try to pull rank with him.

Chris Larabee walked in and took in his surroundings. The two Lieutenants that he came here to see were standing in front of the Colonel's desk. Both men were young but the look of contempt they had for their Colonel was plain to see. Judging by the shouting before he entered they were being dressed down because the men assigned on the mission all came back without a scratch.

Chris looked at this little Colonel with contempt, for here was the living proof that most rank officers had to be crossed with a Jackass. His temper rose and he decided this little waiting game was over. Chris walked over, leaned over the desk and allowing his displeasure to show he snarled, "I don't play games, Colonel."

Stringer didn't look up and was ignoring this upstart L.T. when a furious Larabee hauled him unceremoniously out of his chair. Snarling at Larabee he said, "Major, arrest this man."

Larabee looked up and froze the Major in the doorway and said in a voice cold with fury, "I wouldn't if I were you, Major. Unless you want to end up in the stockade with this idiot." At the word idiot Larabee shook the Colonel and then continued, "Just close the door and don't disturb us."

Goldman and McKay looked on with some measure of confusion for this man was dressed as a Lieutenant but didn't act like one. Both men knew that there was a mission by the way Stringer laid into them and by the preparation for temporary quarters for seven men. This smelled too much like a covert mission and neither man liked that. They should have come to the Colonel's defense, but after the stupid dressing down they figured he could handle it himself.

Larabee turned his attention back to the Colonel and told him, "Listen you idiot, I out rank you. If you don't behave you can kiss your career goodbye. I will have you assigned to the dirtiest and most boring assignment I can possibly think of. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

Stringer realized he'd made a big mistake pissing off this man and nothing could be done to change it. He'd lost his chance at trying to get in on this mission and he would be damn lucky to get out of this situation with his career intact.

Larabee released the Colonel with a shove and turned to Goldman and McKay. "Gentlemen, why don't we retire to your hooch so I can explain this mission to you both."

Both Goldman and McKay figured it would probably be in their best interest to follow this man out of Stringer's office. They heard Larabee asking for a command office to be made available tomorrow for a briefing while they continued out of the building, waiting for the man with the cold hazel eyes to join them.