Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-11-21
Words:
2,292
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
18
Hits:
2,979

Spring Break

Summary:

Lex invites Clark to go away with him to Maine on spring break.

Chapter 1: Invitation

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I do not own "Smallville" and/or "The Dead Zone".

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun was shining. The birds were singing. Clark Kent was looking forward to enjoying the following week with no school because spring break had finally arrived.

Clark and his parents were finishing their breakfast when there was a knock at the door.

"Lex. Come in," said Martha.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Kent. Clark." Lex smiled as he greeted them.

"Good morning, Lex. What brings you here?" asked Clark.

"Clark, if you don't have plans for spring break, I'd like to invite you to come along with me to Maine for a vacation. There's this bed and breakfast place I've been wanting to visit."

Jonathan and Martha exchanged glances.

"You're my best friend, Clark. The change of scenery would be good for us. Oh, and don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Kent. I'll look after Clark and make sure to bring him back to you safe and sound."

"Well, I don't know, Lex," said Jonathan as he tried to come up with some excuse. "This is awfully short notice. Clark has his chores to do, plus he has homework."

"It's spring break, Dad," said Clark. "Please? I'd really like to go."

"If Clark needs help with his homework, I'd be happy to hire a tutor in Maine for a session or two. And it would just be for a few days."

Martha gave Jonathan a look. They both knew that Clark with his super abilities could whip through his homework and studies with no problem.

"Oh, Jonathan, after all, it is spring break," said Martha. "Clark has worked hard. Let him have some fun with his best friend."

Jonathan was quiet for a minute. He was reluctant to allow his son to go on a vacation with Lex all the way to Maine. What if Clark accidentally revealed his super abilities to Lex? But he knew he could not protect Clark forever.

"All right. But stay out of trouble."

"Thanks, Dad. Thanks, Mom. And relax. I won't do anything to cause you to worry."

Lex smiled. He reached into his pocket and handed Martha a sheet of paper.

"What's this, Lex?"

"An itinerary. So you'll know where we'll be. You can reach us anytime."

"I'm going upstairs to pack," said Clark.

"I'll help," said Lex as he followed Clark upstairs.

Jonathan hoped he had not made a mistake in allowing Clark to go.

"Don't worry," whispered Martha. "He'll be fine. It'll just be for a few days."