Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
961
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,761

24 hours: One Week Later

Summary:

Series: 24
Archive: Area 52, WWOMB, Pegasus Gate
Fandom: Stargate: Atlantis
Category: HC/Drama/Angst/Romance/Slash
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Sheppard/Ford
Summary: If you had twenty-four hours to live, would you sit back and accept it? Or would you fight it to your last breath?
Warnings: Language, fluff, slash, and a shower scene!
Season/Episode: Season 1
Spoilers: none
Author's Note: Last chapter.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

24 hours: One Week Later
Author: Damion Starr
Chocolategurl@juno.com
http://yahoo.groups.com/groups/shepfordwives

 

Aiden was awakened by his mattress shifting, a warm hand on his arm, and familiar lips on his neck. "Hi," He mumbled sleepily.

"Hi," John whispered back, kissing his cheek.

"Another bad dream?" Aiden already knew the answer.

"Yeah,"

Aiden rolled over onto his back and held his arms open to his lover. "Come here,"

John settled gratefully into the warm circle of the young man's embrace, laying his head so he could both hear and feel the steady beating of Aiden's heart. "Was it the same one?" Aiden asked as he lazily ran his fingers through John's messy hair.

"Yeah," John snuggled in closer to Aiden's body, seeking comfort from the presence. "It was that same damn dream again." It was that same dream that had haunted Sheppard for the past week: Aiden died, but John couldn't bring him back, no matter what he tried. As a result, every night, John found himself seeking Aiden, if only to see his beloved's chest rise and fall in the proper rhythmn. "Aiden?"

"Hmm?"

John lifted his head. "...I want a shower,"

Aiden smiled. A weak shadow of the grin John had fallen in love with, but the echoes were still there. "Then take a shower,"

John nudged him gently. "I meant a shower with *you*, smartass,"

Aiden rolled his eyes. "Oh-kay," He sighed in an exaggerated show of exasperation.

John stood, then helped Aiden up. Though a week had passed since their ordeal, the Lieutenant was still very weak. It didn't take much to exhaust him, and Dr. Beckett was keep a close watch on his health, cautioning that his immune system had taken a serious hit. It didn't help that Aiden never complained when he wasn't feeling well, or never asked for help when we was too weak to handle something. Luckily, John was a constant at his friend and lover's side, and Aiden was slowly growing stronger every day.

In the bathroom, John turned on the water before turning to Aiden. When the young Lieutenant went to pull off his shirt, though, John gently batted his hands away. "Let me," The Major said huskily.

Aiden smiled. This one was much closer to that grin John missed.

"Okay," Aiden dropped his hands to his sides and stood expectantly before Sheppard.

John gently gripped Aiden's hips and pulled him forward into a slow, deep kiss. It broke just as slowly, and John pulled Aiden's shirt up over his head. After John dropped the shirt to the floor, he ghosted his hands down Aiden's smooth chest and hard abs before snaking his arms around Aiden's lean torso. As their bodies pressed together, Aiden smiled. "You tease,"

John grinned back. "Well, excuse me for wanting to make this memorable," He placed a kiss on Aiden's lips, then kissed a trail down the younger man's jaw.

"No, excuse me for being impatient. I've only been waiting months to screw your brains out," Aiden's voice, unfortunately, lacked the energy required for such a task.

"You romantic," John replied with a smile, drawing back to look at that flawless, handsome face he adored. He kissed his second-in-command softly, sliding one hand down Aiden's smooth back to the waist of his dark blue sweatpants. John freed Aiden's lips and placed gentle kisses down his chin, neck, the middle of his chest, and his flat abs until John was kneeling in front of him. Sheppard slowly pulled Aiden's sweatpants and boxers down, following the waistband with soft licks and kisses down the front of the younger man's thighs. Aiden squirmed a little at the caresses, but John didn't stop until Aiden was undressed.

"What about you?" Aiden asked as John stood.

"I can undress myself," John said matter-of-factly.

Aiden tried to frown, but failed miserably. "You know what I mean, smartass," Aiden shot back, smiling.

"Get in there. I'll strip for you next time,"

"Promises promises," But Aiden entered the shower, closing the door behind him.

It still caught John off guard how Earth-like Atlantis was.

As John undressed, he watched Aiden's silouhette through the artistically frosted glass. It was hard to believe that, just a week earlier, John had rocked Aiden's still and lifeless body in his arms, grieving his lost love. It still seemed like a bad (very, very bad) dream, and John wanted to keep it that way.

Aiden turned when John entered the shower behind him. They kissed without saying a word, wrapping their arms around each other, pressing their wet, naked bodies together.

"I love you," John panted when they broke apart. "Oh, God, I love you so much,"

"Just shut up and kiss me, John," Aiden whispered back.

John did as he was ordered, and they made love under the spray of warm water.

***

Later, after they had dried off, John and Aiden both climbed into the Lieutenant's bed, the Major pulling Aiden into his arms. "You okay?" John asked, tenderly stroking his lover's cheek.

"Yeah, just tired," Aiden responded with a yawn. John couldn't help but smile.

"Then let's get some sleep," He mentally shut off the lights and felt Aiden lay his head on John's chest. Both men lay in silence for a moment, then Aiden lifted his head to peer at John's face in the darkness.

"John?"

"Yeah," There was a beat before Aiden said quietly; shyly: "I love you, too," It was the first time Aiden had said it since...

John smiled, even though Aiden couldn't see it, and touched his cheek. "Go to sleep, Aiden,"

John could almost hear Aiden's smile. The younger man laid back down, and the two feel asleep with their arms securely around each other.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Damion Starr.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.