Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
872
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,496

April Fool

Summary:

April Fool's Day pranks A-Team style.

Work Text:

April Fool
By TJ

Tomorrow was April Fool's Day and Murdock couldn't wait. He had been planning this practical joke on Face for months. He had even gotten the staff at the VA to give him all of those annoying America Online CD's that they kept getting in the mail. He now had a HUGE stack of the useless CD's and was ready to set his plan in action. He quickly gathered up everything he would need. Amy, his partner in crime, would be there soon to pick him up and he needed to be ready.

Amy arrived a few minutes later to pick up the pilot. For once he had a pass and did not have to break out of the hospital. Amy could not help but laugh when she saw the bag filled with CD's. When Murdock had first told her about his practical joke, Amy had been all for it. Just the thought of breaking into Face's apartment and replacing all of his CD's with America Online ones reduced her to giggles. He was going to kill them when he found out, but she was sure the look on his face would be worth it.

Amy and Murdock went over their plan as they drove to Face's apartment. They pulled up a few blocks away and waited for Face to come outside. Murdock had "arranged" for Face to be out of his apartment tonight by getting Elaine, one of the nurses at the VA, to ask Face out. He had been flirting with her for quite some time so he readily accepted her invitation. A few minutes later, Amy and Murdock saw Face pull out of the parking garage. They waited another ten minutes, just to make sure he did not forget anything and come back, then went inside.

The duo did not even have to pick the lock since Murdock had a spare key to Face's current place. It took almost an hour for Amy and Murdock to replace all the CD's in Face's collection. Carefully, they packed the real CD's and made a hasty retreat. They couldn't wait to see the look on their friend's face when he found out what they had done.

Face returned home a little after midnight, alone. His date had not gone as planned, but that was life sometimes. All he wanted to do now was kick back, relax, and listen to a little music. He looked over his CD collection and pulled one out.

"A little light jazz should do the trick," he said out loud. He immediately noticed the bright pink America Online CD where his real CD should have been. "What the hell..." Quickly he pulled another CD from the rack. It, too, contained an America Online CD. In ten minutes, he had pulled his entire collection out and found that each and every one contained an America Online CD. Murdock's face came to immediately to mind as he stood and surveyed the mess he had just made in his living room. Face was definitely going to make him pay for this one.

Face walked to his phone and called the VA. He was told that Murdock was out for the day on a pass and was not expected back until tomorrow afternoon. "You wouldn't happen to know who picked him up, by any chance?" he asked as innocently as he could.

"I believe he left with a young woman," the nurse replied. Face thanked her and hung up. Now he knew that Amy was in on it, too. He smiled to himself as he thought about his revenge on the two of them.

It took him over three hours, but by the time he was done he had over 30 tapes of nothing but that annoying sign on sound the computer makes. His plan was simple. He was going to sneak into Murdock's room and replace all of his tapes with the ones he had just made. He smiled again as he thought of the pilot's reaction.

Sneaking into Murdock's room proved as easy as ever. In no time at all he had removed all of his friend's original tapes and replaced them. He could not wait for Murdock to discover what he had done. Now, all he had to do was come up with a way to get back at Amy for her little part in this.

He thought of and rejected several plans as he made his way back out of the VA. It had to be personal. Then it hit him! He would have to act fast, though, it was almost morning. Face hurried home and gathered up all the CD's Murdock had planted plus all of the ones he himself had on hand.

His first stop was the newspaper where Amy worked. Then it was on to Amy's place. Neither stop took him very long and before he knew it he was home again. He only wished he could see the look on Amy's face when she found her mailbox and desk stuffed full of America Online CD's.

End