Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
534
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,609

Drabble: The Battle of Las Vegas

Summary:

small scene, partly based on the ep "The Battle of Las Vegas"

Work Text:

Danny sat next to the newly disarmed bomb, his back against the table behind him and his eyes closed. He took a deep breath to help calm his racing heart. He clutched the detonator pin tightly in his hand.

Joey knelt next to Danny. "You did it," Joey said with admiration.

Danny opened his eyes and smiled wryly. "Yeah."

"Where did you learn about bombs?"

Danny stretched. "My specialty in the war was demolitions." He saw Mike heading out and the Las Vegas PD coming in. "We can let the local cops take custody of the bomb."

Joey nodded, straightened up, and offered Danny a hand. "Let's go."

Danny took it and stood up. Joey brushed a thumb across his palm before letting go. He gave a small smile and tossed the detonator pin to an approaching officer. "The bomb's disarmed. You can move it safely."

Danny and Joey went back to their headquarters/hotel with the rest of the MCU. It was late and Danny went to his room. His nerves were still on edge and he went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on his face.

Danny stared at his weary face in the mirror for a long moment. He heard the door open and grabbed a towel from the nearby rack. He dried his face. "No matter how many bombs I disarm, it's never easy."

Joey stepped into the bathroom and hugged Danny from behind. He didn't know what to say. He gave Danny a squeeze and placed a light kiss against Danny's neck.

Danny leaned back into Joey. He shut his eyes and just enjoyed the feel of Joey next to him. Joey was warm, solid, and comforting.

Joey felt Danny's tension and decided to do something about it. He grabbed Danny's wrist and led Danny back to the bed. He started unbuttoning Danny's shirt. "I want you to do exactly what I tell you."

Danny arched an eyebrow in curiosity. "All right."

Joey undressed Danny, lightly caressing Danny's skin as he did so. He took in the sight of Danny's wonderful body before pointing to the bed. "Lay on your stomach."

Danny did so. "Is this so it's easier for you to have your way with me?"

Joey laughed. "Of course." He quickly shed his own clothes and crawled on the bed. He straddled Danny's lower back and began kneading Danny's shoulders.

Danny sighed in pleasure. "That feels so good, Joey."

"I aim to please." As he worked on Danny's back and shoulders, Joey felt Danny relax beneath him.

Danny's eyes drifted shut. His anxiety was totally gone, driven away by Joey's talented hands. He yawned and told himself not to fall asleep.

Joey leaned in close to Danny's neck. "I was impressed watching you earlier," he whispered. "Steady hands and nerves of steel," he murmured in between kisses to the warm skin. Danny didn't react and he realized that Danny was fast asleep.

Joey chuckled, pulled the sheet over them, and settled in next to Danny. He kissed his lover's forehead. "Good night, Danny."

 

The End