Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,213
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,616

Dream of one another.

Summary:

Story takes place at the end of episode Out O’ Time (end season 3) and is a follow on from the final scene between Keller and Beecher after they are locked in their pod for lockdown.

Work Text:

Cool water splashing up onto his face ; this was the reminder to Chris that he had made it through yet another day of confinement in Oz, another day in Oz and he had and lived. This nightly ritual had begun in his late teens and followed him from freedom to incarceration. It felt good to be alive and tonight, well, tonight was carrying an even greater reward with it than the promise of being allowed to continue living for another day, for tonight he was sharing the next 12 hours alone, locked in his pod with the one other person on the face of the earth that he truly felt comfortable with...the only one person in his entire life he had ever truly loved...Tobias Beecher. He quietly praised God, Allah or whoever else the hell was responsible for this gift as he raised his face from the sink to the mirror.

The reflection held a gift for him. To his right on his top bunk lay Toby, HIS Toby, watching quietly from the other side of the room. Their eyes met, their eyes lingered, time froze as the two dwelled on the countless millions of questions and desires they both held within them. Chris gave Toby a short puzzled look, a questioning shot that declared "Ok guy, I'm fresh out of ideas...it's up to you my friend, you set the pace on this one!"

Chris was a little relived when in return to this submissive glance Toby mouthed the words "Happy New Year". Chris returned the statement " Happy New Year Toby."

Chris reached for his towel and as he did so noticed Toby quietly lift himself up and jump down from the top bunk. He stood at the end of the bed looking for the entire world like a small-lost child. But he had made the first move; he had given Chris the answer he needed to hear. In one simple action Toby was saying to Chris that he trusted him, he had forgiven him...that now here in this pod he was ready to bring to an end any questions, fears or doubts that Chris may have had or needed to have answered. So close were these two men the most simple and lithe gesture and movement could easily be magnified and read as writ. It was all Chris needed to see (hear?) and now it was his turn to take control of the situation.

He put down the towel and took a small step closer to his Toby. For a split second he wondered if this was really what Toby had wanted as upon conclusion of the step Toby raised his right hand slightly in a short waving motion. His hand hung there while his face was down turned giving Chris no clues as to the purpose of the upheld hand. Was this a sign to come no further? Was this a sign of fear? It was too late for Chris to stop now. It had taken over a year for him to reach this point. If tonight was to end badly it was better to find out now, right now, rather than risk never offering himself up to his Toby again. He had to do this now!

Another step closer, this stride taking him to the brink, no going back now...but that hand, that hand still wavered there, an up held hand floating like a giant foreboding stop sign. In all of his life, after all of the sadness and depraved things he had been involved with Chris had never felt more afraid or lost...so...well..."out of control". This was unfamiliar territory for the man who had been in control of everything his entire life and he wondered if Toby could sense his fear, could he hear his heart hammering in his chest, his now rapid breathing betraying his calmest of exteriors...

The last step, this one moving him so close to the other that he could feel the heat emanating from the man standing before him. The heat from his body, the smell of the man, the god damn irresistible blue eyes...and for Chris finally the answer as the floating wavering hand revealed it's secret mission as it fell forward and gently came to rest on Chris' chest. A wave of electricity flowed through Chris' body. In his experience not much caught him by suprise anymore...this did!

Now Toby made a move toward Chris. His left hand moved up and onto Chris' waist. Chris leaned his head forward and their foreheads touched. A slight twinge of pain from Toby as Chris' hand brushed up and came to rest on the spot where Shillingers past lesson had tried to teach Toby the ultimate rule and failed. Chris did not move his hand. He left it there...it was a declaration to Toby "I know where you hurt baby and I will not cause you any more pain." Toby brought him head up and their dry lips brushed against one another for the briefest of moments. Chris opened him mouth slightly and allowed Toby to move forward again. Finally their mouths touched, locked and sealed together. Holding Toby in the powerful arms he could feel his Toby surrender to him and to the moment. His tongue worked its way into Tobys' mouth and was rewarded with Toby responding with his tongue in kind. The pace of their embrace went into overdrive as each man tried to pull the other closer, impossibly closer, until from the perspective of a non-existent onlooker the line between where one man began and the other ended became impossible to see.

Pure adrenaline and musky heat slowly gave way to a more relaxed phase once both men could sense that the other was in no hurry to escape, that they had the entire night with one another. Pulling Chris closer to him Toby moved his head onto Chris broad chest and let it rest, he seemed spent but content and it was all that Chris could have hoped for.

This was total surrender. For Chris to have someone truly love him after all that he had done in his life, after all they had been through here in this place, well, it was more than he could bare. He could see the love and shock in Toby's eyes as the salty tears formed in his own and began a betraying meander down his cheek towards his chin. He was so overwhelmed to this moment, a moment he had feared his entire life he would never experience, he just let go. His Toby wiped the tears away and sank into him once again. Together they lay down on the bottom bunk.

Naked save for the flimsy white sheet that covered the two men, they sank into each others arms and held conversations with their eyes that lasted the entire night. Very few words passed between them on an audible level save for the occasional "Chris": "Toby" or "I love you".

And as the rest of the world celebrated the passing of the old year and welcomed the new, two lone lovers finally fell into a deep contented sleep...no doubt they dreamed of one another.