Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
828
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,640

24 Hours Of Fun

Summary:

What would make Lex and Chloe cancel a first date together?

Work Text:



24 Hours of Fun
By PMD
mary.davidson@sympatico.ca


Chloe's POV

"Chloe, are you crazy?"

"Gee, Lana, I don't think so. I don't feel the need to strangle you, so I must be okay---since you last asked me that question a minute ago."

She stands before me, with a stern look on her face.

"What? You can't take a joke?"

"Chloe, this is serious. You finally get your chance to date him and what do you do? Give him up for TV. Why?"

"Why? Because it's one of my favorites, that's why. And it's going to be a *marathon* of one of my favorites."

"You'd give up a date with Lex to watch TV!"

"Hey---it's not just TV---it's 24! I'd give up anything to see some of the sexiest, most stimulating, men on TV."

"So, instead of having a date with a *real* stimulating man, you'd rather watch *reel* stimulating men on the TV."

"Yep, that about says it all. So, want to join me, after I call him and cancel?"

She lets out a sigh. "Well, I was going to wash my hair tonight but I guess that can wait. What season is it?"

"Season 1---we'll do Season 2 after I get that DVD."

"DVD? This thing we're watching is on DVD?"

"Yes---Lana, why are your veins threatening to pop out?"

"Chloe---you can watch it any time!"

"Yeah, well, I feel like watching it now."

I watch as she lets out a deep sigh. "I give up. Don't blame me if you end up an old maid."

I walk over to the phone, after doing the old eye roll with Lana. I dial his number.

"Hello?"

xxxx

Lex's POV

"Are you crazy, Lex?"

"Clark, it's only a date---it's not as if it's the end of the world if I cancel it."

"Maybe not for you, but it might for Chloe."

"Clark, the girl is resilient. She'll be okay---especially when I tell her why I can't take her out tonight."

"Yep, it's official---you are crazy. You finally get a date with the girl of your dreams and you tell her---'sorry, Hon, but Jack Bauer is calling to me'."

"Actually more of a President Palmer kinda fellow, Clark---not to mention, Kim reminds me of---"

"---Chloe. Can't you just let the TV watching go and take her out, Lex?"

"No!"

"All right, I give up."

"Smart man. So, want to join me in watching Season 1?"

"I can't---have to go home and wash my hair."

"One problem I don't have. All right, I'll show you out and then it?s to DVD land for me and 24 hours of fun with 24."

"DVD---it's a DVD??"

"Yes---Clark, why are your veins threatening to pop?"

"Maybe because you can see the DVD any old time, Lex."

"Well, I'm going to see it tonight."

I hear a humph from him and then the phone rings. "Hello?"

'Lex?'

"Chloe?"

'Yeah, it's me. Ah, I have some bad news.'

"Yes?" I ask.

'I can't make it tonight because of---'

"No! You too?"

'What?'

"It wouldn't be the 24 hour bug, would it?"

'Oh my God, you too?'

"Yes---and Clark has been bugging me about it."

'I bet---Lana is here bugging me about it. But I'm getting her to watch some of it to see why I like it so much.'

"Really?"

'Yeah---mmmmm---you got that big screen TV, right, Lex?'

"Yes---hey, why don't you come over with Lana?"

'Great minds think alike, Luthor. It's a date. And Lex?'

"Yes?"

'I'm looking forward to watching some sexy men with a much sexier man.'

"Clark?" I ask with a grin.

'No, you goof---you.'

She hangs up and I smile.

"What?" Clark asks.

"Clark, how do you feel about watching the 24 DVD marathon with me and the girls?"


xxxx

We're sitting there, watching the screen. Every so often, we look over and watch Clark and Lana, kissing.

"Do they ever come up for air?" Chloe asks.

"I don't know---maybe they get air through their skin?"

"In Smallville, you never know. Lex, this is great---and you know I love 24 but I was wondering---"

I turn the DVD player off and toss the remote. "If you can't beat them, join them?"

"You got it, Sexy Lexy," she states.

I lean towards her, about to kiss her sweet lips, but she moves towards my ear and whispers, "Told you it would work."

She backs away, an impish smile. "All right, the matchmaker concedes to his opponent. After time and again of trying to get them together, you finally did it, sweetheart."

"Yes, I did. And I got a bonus, too---well, two actually. I got to see 24 with you and I got something even more important."

"And that would be?" I ask her, moving towards her once more.

"You!" she replies, before we kiss.



The End.