Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-10-16
Words:
4,698
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,012

Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Summary:

PAIRING: Spike/Xander
RATING: These chapters PG probably – the rest will be anybody's guess.
Disclaimer: The characters certainly do not belong to me, but to Joss, Mutant Enemy et al. I make no money from this.
FEEDBACK: Ohh, please.
SUMMARY: Honestly, it's sort of coming out as it will. Ummm, okay, Xander gets zapped and acts weird.

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Ain't That A Kick In The Head?
By Bear
wickedpixie23@yahoo.co.uk

 

Like the fella once said, "Ain't that a kick in the head?"

 

Half an hour earlier, he'd seen and recognized the bemused expression that had settled briefly as the brainless idiot had knocked him out of the way of the sorcerer's blast.

Damn Harris and his bloody self-sacrificing nature! He didn't need saving... and certainly not by the very least of Buffy's hanger-ons.

Spike had struggled to sit up, trying to dislodge the teenager hanging onto him and had seen Ethan Rayne disappear laughing down the street into the darkness. In spite of the head start the pest had got Spike knew that he'd catch up with him shortly. However, there was the small matter of a possibly injured Scooby to deal with - and he was well aware that if anything major happened to her friends, then Buffy would have his balls on a barbeque.

`Sides, he was too old to take up jogging now. Yet another one to chalk up to experience... and if he didn't find Rayne tonight, it didn't matter. When did it ever matter now? Even if he did find him, with the ruddy chip there wasn't anything he could do other than sneer; yeah, he was sure that would really have the human quaking in his boots. Fine for others maybe, but Spike really wanted a good old, down in the dirt, bleeding all over the place, fight.

Talking of bleeding... his nostrils twitched as he caught the scent of human blood on Xander. That aroma almost overwhelmed him, and he morphed without realising, lips pulled back in a snarling grimace.

Xander shifted and looked up, eyes unfocused under the cut across his forehead. He blinked, peered closely at Spike and then grinned as one hand moved up to caress Spike's ridges. "Cool. What's with the `grrr' face?"

Spike shook his face back into the human mask he wore. He couldn't believe that he'd almost lost it enough to try to drink from one of the Slayer's buds; that was as bad as staking himself. Hopefully Xander was out of it enough not to realize. "What d'you expect when you're dripping blood all over me best shirt, lame brain?"

Xander frowned, causing a fresh burst of the intoxicating liquid to spill out of the lesion. "Blood? I'm bleeding? Where?"

Looking back, Spike didn't know where his brain had wandered to at that exact moment. He just hadn't given it a second thought as he pulled Xander's head up to his mouth and licked the blood from his brow. "Just there."

As soon as he'd done it Spike was sure that he'd get a furious or freaked Xander yelling at him to get his creepy bloodsucking ass far away. He certainly hadn't expected the lust-filled tang pervading his mouth, or the contented look that had descended along with the snuggling in. Then Xander's hand was on him, pushing down past his waistband.

He yelped and pushed Xander off him. Just what sort of spell had that meddling sorcerer hit Xander with? How hard had Xander hit his head? Surely Buffy wouldn't make him pay for this as well. He'd had enough of being `Spike the punch bag' for her - and the enchantment was wearing paper-thin.

He stood up and warily offered Xander a hand, deciding that ignoring the not so subtle signals being sent his way would be for the best. From the first time he'd seen this gangling youth Spike had known that he wouldn't kick him out of bed on a cold night. That simple fact had saved Xander's neck on a number of occasions, but before the chip there had never been the opportunity.

Now there seemed to be plenty of opportunity, and Xander seemed willing enough... but Spike knew that this wasn't the great gormless one. He himself might still be EVIL through and through, but he wasn't that stupid. Eventually Xander would be back to abnormal... and then there would be a Spike-kebab.

Fortunately, his sense of self-preservation was greater than his libido. Not by much, but it was.

As they walked back towards the Magic Box, Spike kept on dodging away from Xander's octopus hands. He ignored the bashful glances that Xander shot at him, dark trusting eyes flitting upwards. As the lights of the shop came into view Xander managed to grasp hold of him and he froze.

Xander slipped his arms around Spike's waist and held him comfortably. Despite his misgivings, Spike found himself wriggling back into the embrace, loving the warm breath by his ear. "Come on, Spike, we don't need to go in there... I need you so much I think I'm gonna explode."

Spike tore himself away from Xander, throwing back a dark look as he strode towards the shop. "Don't let me stop you then."