Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-07-06
Words:
5,425
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
1
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
4,494

A Little Blair

Summary:

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be. But for no money I'll take them out and do evil things to Blair.
Pairing: J/B, B/m
Warning: Rape of a different sort ;), violence, death of a minor character.
Summary: Blair finds out just what mutants can do.
Note: This is my first Sentinel Slash story. It's been running around my head for a couple of weeks, so I finally decided to put some of it down. If anyone likes it, I'll go ahead and finish it. It's not beta'd. But if anyone would like to lend a hand, let me know.
This is my tribute to Jim and Blair, mutants ala X-men, and macrophilia. If you don't know what macrophiles are, just keep reading. :

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

A Little Blair
By Lornadane

 

"Mr. Sandburg?"

Blair turned distractedly toward the voice. "Yeah?" He looked up, slightly irritated, to see a tall gangly young man standing just to the side of the podium. The last student of his class who'd stopped to ask him some inane question concerning the chapter they'd just been assigned had left moments ago and Blair was packing up his lecture notes when the young man interrupted him.

"Can I help you?" He asked, trying to keep the annoyance of his tone to a minimum, but he was in a rush to meet Jim for lunch. They'd been working almost non-stop on a particularly gruesome case and Jim had called just before Blair's class began to let him know he might have a lead; evidence that put the woman's lover at the scene of the crime. Normally he wouldn't have felt the annoyance or the rush but this morning had been particularly crappy. He'd woken up late after working most of the night grading midterms. Then, before rushing off to the University without breakfast once again, Jim had come down the stairs in a more than usual grumpy mood and had proceeded to lecture him about being on time to the station today. Not like he actually had a life outside the station. Noooo... nothing could be nearly as important as Jim's job and his unpaid help. To top of the rest of the hellish morning, he'd spilled his coffee, tore a hole in his favorite pair of kakis, and his car was acting up. He'd be lucky to make to the station...period.

"I...I'm in your Anthro class, 101? Ten AM Tuesdays and Thursdays?" The boy pushed his thick black glasses up his nose nervously. "Ira...Ira Webber?"

Blair sighed inwardly. "Yes, I remember you." What a time for this morbidly quiet young man to get some backbone and finally want to actually say something to Blair. Blair had noticed him, not because of his introverted demeanor -- in a basic Anthropology class of 56 students most of them seemed introverted. Actually most of them seem to be asleep a good deal of the time. What Blair had noticed was Ira's intense gaze during every lecture; eyes glued to Blair as if he couldn't get enough of his teacher's words. Ira never took notes. He just stared. It was incredibly unnerving. Even though he sat toward the back of the lecture hall, Blair could always sense that intense, almost sinister gaze, and several times he'd had to catch himself fumbling over some of his words, tripping over parts of a lecture that he'd known backwards and forwards.

Ira had never approached him after class though, for which Blair was particularly grateful. He didn't think he'd know exactly what to say to the student if he had been approached. "Stop staring at me?"

Blair blinked, pulling himself from his nervous thoughts and tried to focus on Ira. Well, now he'd get the chance to find out.

Ira cleared his throat. "I really like your class, Mr. Sandburg." He licked his lips nervously and stood there silently for several long drawn out moments as if he had nothing else to say.

"Thanks." Blair replied when he felt that Ira wasn't going to say anything else. The boy seemed nervous, but the intensity of his look never wavered. "I'm glad to hear it. You're doing well."

They stood there for a few more moments in silence until Blair said, "Is there anything else? I've got to meet someone..." He looked at his watch. Dammit! He was already five minutes late. And it'd take him 10 minutes to get to the café Jim had asked him to meet him at. "I really have to get going."

Blair grabbed up his backpack and the few remaining notes that were on the podium. As he stepped toward the door of the lecture hall digging in the outer pocket of his backpack for his keys he said, "If you need something, I'll be in my office tomorrow at eight."

"Have you ever met a mutant?"

Blair looked up sharply and shook his head in confusion. "What?"

"I asked if you'd ever met a mutant." Ira answered. "You know; someone with super powers?"

"Only in comic books," Blair quipped, a frown marring his beautiful face. "Look, I really have to get going..."

"They exist, you know?"

That caught Blair cold as he turned back toward leaving. He swung around just a bit too wide-eyed. What did this kid know about Jim? Had he let some of his research on Sentinels slip out?

He took a short rapid breath to calm himself, trying not to let Ira see the panic in his face. "What are you talking about?"

"I wanted you to know they exist." Ira replied softly. "I thought you might want to know."

"Okay." Blair drew the word out slowly. Either the kid was delusional or he knew about Jim. He looked at his watch again. Now he was 10 minutes late, but Jim would have to forgive him. He couldn't let this kid get away if he knew something about the Sentinel research. "Why do you think I'd want to know?" He asked carefully. "Does it have anything to do with Anthropology?"

Ira smiled. Blair would have called it charming if his heart wasn't beating quiet so fast and he hadn't felt as if he had a gun to his head. The smile might have even put him at ease, but then Ira moved closer to him, dangerously crossing into Blair's personal space.

"Maybe," He replied. Blair noticed, perhaps belatedly, that Ira had seem to have grown more confident as their conversation continued. He stepped back unconsciously, feeling more like the nervous student Ira had been when he'd first spoken.

"If mutants banned together like a tribe," Ira continued, "outcasts in a world that feared them; maybe even hated them. It'd kind of be like that closed society you've mentioned before." Suddenly he reached for Blair and said quickly, "But I wanted you to know, because I'm a mutant."

Blair barely got the words "What can you do?" before Ira grasped his arm tightly and murmured, "Shrink."

A wave of dizziness crashed down on Blair like a 25 foot tidal surge during a category 5 hurricane. He wrapped his arms tightly around his waist as he doubled over. But that movement only caused him to feel as though he were falling. He stumbled back from Ira, wrenching his arm out of the student's tight grip, and tried to straighten up when all of a sudden every cell in his body felt as if it were imploding down toward the pit of his stomach.

He tried to scream, but all he could hear was a squeak, and when he thought he couldn't possibly take anymore of the crushing-like sensation darkness descended.

 

tbc