Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
469
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
793

Unrequited

Summary:

Disclaimer: not mine, no profit being made, if sued you will get only a cat, a very misbehaving cat
Pairing: McCoy/?

Work Text:

Unrequited
by Qzee

 

"I won't let anything eat ya." Leonard tried to reassure his friend of many years. Someone he had wanted to be with for what seemed like forever.

"Doc, I just don't know. The ceremony seems a bit odd. I mean, everyone being naked at a wedding?"

'God,' thought Leonard. 'So gorgeous when nervous.'

"It's been done on Earth you know, by nudists." Leonard reassured. "I'm going down to the wedding and will undress to my birthday suit. I'm older than you too. I'm not ashamed of anything."

"I'm not ashamed either!"

'Beautiful when indignant.' The doctor observed.

"It's just...just...well...*sigh*...I'll go."

'Adorable when flustered.' Len smiled at his secret love, who he'd see soon in their birthday suit. M'Benga was the primary care physician, so Len had never seen his love nude before. The southerner was really looking forward to it.

///

They were on planet, watching the wedding. Leonard was exerting as much control as possible over his physical reaction. He did not want to have an unfortunate erection in public. This may not have been the best idea he had had, but at least he would have some lovely images to fuel his fantasies.

They could never be more, for this love of his would be incapable of loving him. His love thought of Leonard as a friend, crewmate, and doctor. There had never been a hint of more in all the years Len had known his love.

They had just met this race, Betazoids, and were the first "outworlders" to see this ceremony. Enterprise had not learned much about the race yet, but Len was looking forward to getting to know the people better.

The ceremony was over and they had dressed when a girl who could pass for Christine Chapel's daughter approached them. "I am Lwaxana, she introduced herself. "I over heard both of your thoughts accidentally as I have yet to master my ability to control my telepathy. I am only 15 so I still have many lessons to learn. You 'Leonard' are in love and unwilling to tell your companion" she gestured at Len's love, "this due to thinking your love one sided. Your companion is in love with you and also afraid to tell you." Then the girl walked away looking pleased with herself and a bit haughty. Len hoped she wouldn't get into the habit of intruding other people's thoughts, but was glad she had done so today.

He turned to his love, "is she right?" He asked, putting all of his hope, and his love into his expression. Risking everything.

Kevin Riley turned to him and said, "Yes, you mean more to me than Kathleen ever did."

 

The end.