Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
245
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
679

Time To Go Home

Summary:

He stood behind his chair and slowly looked around the bullpen, the bullpen that had been his office for more than thirty years. It was time to go home

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Work Text:

He stood behind his chair and slowly looked around the bullpen, the bullpen that had been his office for more than thirty years. Here he had dedicated his life to protect the innocent, to ensure the guilty were brought to justice, as he tried hard to live up to Gibbs’ expectations.


He had seen members of his team come and go, some left by choice, and some… He swallowed hard, blinking away the tears, as he remembered the day Kate had been killed.


And then, almost fourteen years ago, although it still felt like it was just yesterday, a simple mistake had shattered his world into a thousand pieces. The Washington Police Department had ruled it just a tragic accident and his own intensive investigation had come to the same heartbreaking conclusion. The elderly woman had accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake, and as a result, Gibbs was gone. The doctors did everything humanly possible to try and save Gibbs, but the damage was far too great, and the man he loved with all his heart had slipped away as the last golden rays slipped beneath the horizon.


“Tony…” Kate said softly.


“It’s time to go home, DiNozzo.” Gibbs smiled.


He turned and looked at the two NCIS agents who were watching, patiently waiting for him. Taking one final glance around the office, he grabbed his backpack and hurried across to join them, hugging them both enthusiastically as he grinned. “Going home, Boss.”