Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2015-08-22
Words:
9,014
Chapters:
31/31
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,905

Best Buds

Summary:

The story of Blaine and Trent, a best bud friendship that develops into a serious relationship over the years.

People! This has not only been re-worked but the muse was inspired to add new chapters! Enjoy!

Chapter 1: The Present

Notes:

Best Buds -- Part 1

It's Christmas 1997, and Blaine is excited about the present Santa has sent him and Trent. Blaine is 7 years old, Trent is 6.

Chapter Text

1. Please follow the link in Author's notes. Sorry if you're not connected to the internet and cannot access this story. Submitting to this archive is not the easiest task and I find I just don't have the patience to do so anymore.

2. This original series was one of my most popular offerings to my fans back in the days. It's gone unfinished for many years. At present, it's not only being re-worked but new chapters are being added to the original. Hope you enjoy!

Story excerpt:

 

Blaine moved to the window and pulled back the curtains. "Look, Dad! Snow! Santa gave me my wish . . . SNOW! Me and Trent are gonna have so much fun." He turned back to his parents, asking, "Can I call Trent now? He's gotta see this!"

His father began to speak but was interrupted by the phone. Stretching a hand out, he snagged the cordless and answered the early morning call. A second later he smiled and handed over the phone.

" 'lo?"

"Blaine, Blaine!! Did ya look out your window? Did ya see it? Isn't it cool? Can I come over now? Can I come play?"

Blaine threw an arm around Lady and moved over to sit in front of the fireplace. He sprawled out on his stomach with his dog by his side. Waving at his parents as they vacated the room, he nodded his head, acknowledging his mother's instructions.

"We're going to fix breakfast. Come down where you're through."

Turning his attention back to his caller, Blaine spoke into the phone, a huge grin on his face. "Merry Christmas, Trent! Did ya see what Santa left us? How soon can ya get here?"

Blaine listened as his friend quizzed his own parents. A frustrated sigh came back at him. "Mommy says I gotta eat breakfast first. And then she says I gotta wait 'cause we're all coming over together." Trent's voice dropped low into a whisper. "I got you a present, Blaine. Hope you like it."

Blaine laughed and hugged Lady closer. "I got you one, too, Trent, and you're gonna love it! Hurry up and get over here, okay?"

Trent's yell blasted over the phone line. "MOM! Let's eat!" His voice settled back down to normal. "See ya soon, Blaine."

Several hours later found the remains of a holiday breakfast scattered over kitchen counters. They had just begun the clean up when a knock on the front door sounded throughout the house.

Trent!

Blaine nearly brained himself on the edge of the kitchen counter in an attempt to beat his father to the door. "I got it!!!" he yelled as he blew past.

He jerked open the door and found himself tumbled to the floor by his best friend. He hugged Trent, holding him close for a few seconds. Lady joined in on the welcome, slobbering her happiness all over Trent's face.