Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
416
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
1
Hits:
548

Friendship

Summary:

Zoe and Sam have a drink together, getting to know each other a little better.

Work Text:

Friendship
By PattRose
Summary: Zoe and Sam have a drink together, getting to know each other a little better.

Sam was shocked at how heavy her packages were getting. She hated shopping. Harold told her what she would need and gave her the money, but she had to do the hard part. She walked into a bar and decided to take a rest. She was looking for an empty booth when she saw Zoe sitting all alone with a drink. Sam walked up to her and asked, "Zoe, do you mind if I join you?"

"Of course you can join me, Sam."

Sam put her packages into the booth before she got in.

"I was shopping, too. Do you believe there is a sale for Pearl Harbor Day?" Zoe asked, grinning.

"They have sales for everything, Zoe. What are you drinking?" Sam noticed a nice looking drink in a highball glass and thought she might try the same.

Zoe smiled and said, "It's called Blackberry Wine Cooler and it's much better than the name sounds."

The waiter came over and asked if Sam needed anything. Sam ordered the same thing as Zoe.

"I wonder what's in it," Sam said.

Zoe knew this one. "I make them at home. Two shots of Blackberry liqueur, one shot of white wine and one shot of lemon lime soda. You put it over ice in a highball glass and you've got a Blackberry Wine Cooler."

"I've never had one, so that sounds good. I'm so tired of shopping. I had to get some more things for the dinner for the job tomorrow. It's tough when I have to look good because honestly, it's not my nature to look sexy, you know?"

"You're much sexier than you give yourself credit for, Sam."

Sam blushed and shrugged. "What were you doing tonight?"

The waiter brought Sam's drink and she tasted it and smiled. Zoe was right. Much tastier than the name.

"I was supposed to meet someone here for a drink, but he never showed," Zoe answered.

"He's probably still working or something like that. I can't imagine ever having someone stand you up."

"You are very good for a girl's ego, Sam. Thank you."

The women talked and smiled and laughed. They were having a good time. Both of them needed it. In fact, they were just what the other one needed that night. A friend.

The end