Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2014-04-22
Words:
2,111
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
3
Hits:
538

The Returned

Summary:

The news on the TV had been showing people that have returned from the dead, but for three people at the Centre never thought that they would see the one's they loved back again.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and it’s characters don’t belong to me they belong to their creators and owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Kind of a crossover with the book The Returned, but not really. 

The news on the TV had been showing people that have returned from the dead, but for three people at the Centre never thought that they would see the one's they loved back again.

 

 

The Returned

 

 

Miss Parker glared at Broots who had given them another possible lead on Jarod’s capture, but it didn’t pan out. Not only wasn’t Jarod there, but he hadn’t even been there. What was Broots thinking after that? They went out to look for the genius they were trying to capture to find out that he wasn’t there.

 

“What were you thinking Broots?”

 

“I’m sorry, Miss Parker. When I got the lead on the computer it was credible.”

 

“Apparently it wasn’t. Now get to work on finding boy wonder.” She glared again at Broots and pointed her finger to the computer. “And it better be right.” She said as she turned around and walked out without a look back.

 

Going to her office she sat down at her desk and looked at her desk. On the desk was a picture of her and her mother when she was a child. She thought of her mother. She loved her mother and wished everyday that she was here with her. She had of course seen the news on TV about loved one’s being brought back from the dead.

 

Sydney had called and told her that there was a lead on Jarod once again.

 

“This better be good, Broots.” She said as she took off not seeing if Sydney and Broots were following her.

 

When they got to Jarod’s newest pretend which was a very good lead. They had missed him by an hour one of the people said. She picked up the famous red book that Jarod had always left behind and flipped through it. She then put it in the box that they had put in Jarod’s other things that he had left behind.

 

It was a Friday when they had gotten back home. At least Broots lead was a good one not like the other one that left them on a wild goose chase.

 

On Saturday she decided to make her breakfast and coffee and sit outside. She looked at her backyard and wondered why she never got the chance to do this. She never got the chance just to relax because she always had to look for boy wonder.

 

Getting up she went into the kitchen to clean up. It was close to lunch time when a knock at the door.

 

She stalked to the door and opened it expecting it to be Sydney to tell them that they needed her to go find Jarod.

 

“Mama?” She said with her hand on her mouth.

 

“My baby girl.” Mrs. Parker said as she gathered her daughter into her arms.

 

“Is it really you?”

 

“It’s me.”

 

Mrs. Parker looked at her little girl who had grown up to be a woman. She couldn’t believe that she looked a lot like her. It was almost like they were twins.

 

“You look a lot like me, Angel.”

 

“I know.”

 

She sat down with her Mom on the couch and they started talking.

 

“What are you doing now, Angel?”

 

Miss Parker looked away at that question. She wondered what her Mom would think about what she was doing?

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I work at the Centre, Mama. I have a job looking for Jarod and trying to get him back.”

 

“Jarod? The little boy who you used to play with? The little boy who I tried to get out of the Centre to bring him to his parents?”

 

“Yes. He escaped when he found out about his Sims and they put me on the hunt for him.”

 

“Have you caught him yet?”

 

“No, he’s still out there.”

 

Mrs. Parker smiled at that. “What is he doing out there?”

 

“He helps the little people.”

 

“And yet you’re trying to get him back to the Centre? I know this world would need somebody like him. I remember talking to him.”

 

“Yes, I remember you telling him about Ethan. After he left the house you were at they repressed his memories and didn’t remember them until he was much older. I found out that not only he was my brother, but he’s Jarod’s brother too.”

 

“I knew he wanted to be called Ethan and had the same gifts as I do, but I had no idea that they used Jarod’s Dad’s DNA.”

 

“They used Jarod’s DNA to make a clone of Jarod. His name was Gemini, which should have changed by now. He left with Jarod’s father and we haven’t heard from Gemini.”

 

“I heard something about them wanting to do that, but I didn’t know if they would actually do that.”

 

They talked some more about the Centre and other stuff until late that night. She decided to take a couple of sick days off to be with her Mom now that she was back.