Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 68 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
767
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
811

After Rabid

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Rabid"

Work Text:

Derek laughed as he ducked out of Penelope’s reach. He tried to zig zag around Spencer but slipped in the grass instead. Suddenly, Spencer pounced on his legs and Penelope was half lying on his chest, pinning his arms. “Come on, guys,” he laughed. “I was only playin.”

Spencer moved to straddle Derek’s legs and dropped his full weight down. He grabbed Derek’s arm the furthest from Penelope. “All that running.”

“And push ups,” Penelope huffed indignantly. She shifted to keep his other arm down by just her body weight so she could have her hands free.

Derek smirked. “That’s what you guys get for trying to keep a secret from me. If anyone was going to find out about your PT test, it would be me.”

Penelope sharply poked him in the side. “And yet you put us through all that physical crap for nothing. You know how sore I’m going to be tomorrow?”

Derek let out a cross between a hiss and a laugh. “I know you have the bengay. I could smell it on you earlier. Besides, all I did was put you two through a good workout and get you out on a beautiful, sunshiney day. I wasn’t torturing you.”

Penelope tossed her head and answered disdainfully, “That’s debatable.”

“I almost had a heart attack trying to run that mile,” Spencer fumed.

Derek rolled his eyes. “No, you didn’t.”

Spencer rolled his eyes back. “And sunshiney,” he scoffed. “Please.”

“Hold onto him, Boy Genius,” Penelope ordered and started tickling Derek.

Derek eyes got wide as he tried to squirm away.

Spencer tightened his grip. He bared his teeth. “Go on, Garcia. Get him.”

“Come on. Stop,” Derek managed to get out between giggles.

Penelope grinned sweetly. “No.”

“Please,” Derek wheezed. He squirmed some more but he still couldn’t get free. “I’m sorry.”

Penelope let up just enough to get close to Derek’s ear. “You’re not as sorry as you’re going to be. You know I hate to sweat for no good reason,” she whispered and started tickling him again.

Penelope and Derek didn’t stop until they heard someone clear his throat. However, they didn’t let Derek go. They both looked up to see Dave standing at the bench next to them. He had his foot up on it and rested with his arm across his knee. He watched them in amusement.

Penelope was the first to find her voice. She stuck her chin out. “He deserved it.”

One end of Dave’s mouth quirked up. “I suppose he did.”

“He made me run,” Spencer whined. “I hate running.”

Penelope glared down at Derek. “Me, too.”

“I understand,” Dave said mildly. “But I think you should let him up now.”

“Why?” Penelope and Spencer chorused like kids being deprived of ice cream.

“Cause I’d like to keep him intact,” Dave answered dryly. “I have plans for him later.”

Penelope and Spencer looked at each other for a long moment before he nodded. She smiled at Dave. “All right, Super Agent, just cause you asked.”

Dave smiled back as he straightened up. He tilted his head towards the stands. “Hit the showers. You’ll feel better. Then you can come home with us and we’ll order some pizza and I’ll let you pick a bottle of wine.”

“Three bottles,” Spencer stated.

“And a least one veggie pizza,” Penelope added.

“Fine,” Dave agreed readily. He waved an arm. “But this whole thing is over. No pranks. I want your words.”

Spencer and Penelope looked at each for confirmation before she held her hand out. “Deal,” she said solemnly. “We promise.”

Dave shook her hand. “Now, go on.”

Penelope and Spencer both threw dirty looks Derek’s way but did as they were told.

Derek propped himself up on his elbows. He grinned at Dave. “Thanks.”

Dave dropped down to sit on the bench right next to Derek. “You’re welcome.”

Derek shook his head. “Talk about not being able to take a joke.”

Dave rubbed Derek’s shoulder. “I told you it was a bad idea.”

Derek peeked at Dave and his tone was mildly defensive. “I was only playin.”

Dave chuckled and kissed the side of Derek’s head. Then he stood. He offered Derek a hand. “Let’s go.”

Derek took Dave’s hand and let Dave help him up. He stepped close and rested a hand on Dave’s hip. He lowered his voice. “So, what kind of plans do you have for me later?”

Dave matched Derek’s tone. “That all depends on how long it takes you to make up with Garcia and Reid and get them out of the house.”

Series this work belongs to: