Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
243
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
520

Fight

Summary:

When I see them together, I know, I must fight.

Work Text:

Fight
by Cathey Scully

After leaving that smoking son of a bitch’s apartment, I went back to the Bureau, only to find that Mulder had left a note with Kim saying he was going to check on Scully.  So I followed his lead, not eager, but at the same time, not willing to put this off.

I didn’t need to ask where Scully was.  The nurse on duty took one look at my FBI attire and pointed me toward her room.  I made my way down the hall and looked inside through the small window.  What I saw stopped me.

Mulder was seated on Scully’s bed, his back toward the door.  I recognized Scully’s vivid crimson head from its place on Mulder’s shoulder.   From what I could tell, Mulder’s cheek was pressed against her hair.  Scully’s tiny hand swept across Mulder’s neck, and he pulled her closer.

His lips danced across the crown of her head as I eased the door open.  Before making my presence known I listened as Mulder spoke,

“We will fight this, Scully.  You and me.  We’ll beat this.”

Something in his words struck me.  They were fighting this, fighting Scully’s eventual death.  I watched as he pulled back and placed a gentle undemanding kiss on her lips, like it was the most natural thing in the world.  Scully smiled up at him and I knew that no matter the costs, I had to fight as well.

 

End!!  
Please tell me what you thought!  CatheyScully@the-pentagon.com or
Scully@ga.prestige.net