Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
271
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
588

Complete

Summary:

Just a little drabble which struck me after Destination X

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Complete
by GG Bayley

 

He was happy. He was curled up in his lover's arms, relaxing after a stressful title defense on PPV. It had been a long night, and people he had considered friends hadn't been there for him. But his lover had. His lover had been there to pick him up after the show, and take him right home to bed. Not to make love; he was exhausted, and the idea didn't really appeal to him at the moment. He just wanted to relax. He needed to relax, and his lover understood.

He wasn't quite asleep yet, although he was pleasantly drifting. His lover stroked his hair gently, breathing softly. Christian loved the simple sound of Edge's soft breath. It was comforting. Lulling.
Relaxing. It was exactly what he needed to unwind.

It was a beautiful thing about being together for so long, and being in the same profession. They knew just what each other needed. There were time when they wanted to party, to paint the town red after a good show. There were times when they wanted to go home or back to the hotel, and make love all night. There were times when they wanted to frollick, talking and laughing and kissing and generally losing themselves in delightful silliness.

Then, there were these times. Times when quiet was the most satisfying thing of all. A warm pair of arms, fresh sheets, and soft breath against his ear was the perfect post-show celebration tonight. He had given his best effort, and retained his title. That made him happy.

And Edge besides him made his happiness complete.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author GG Bayley.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.