Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
284
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
473

One Year Later

Summary:

a year after the events of the series finale, a little look at our favorite guys in Terra Nova

Work Text:

One Year Later
by Buffy

Jim tracked Nathaniel down to a quiet bench on the edge of the festivities.  He didn't wait for permission to sit down.  "Terra Nova's first annual Independence celebration seems to be a big hit.  Of course, starting it with all volunteers taking ATVs, high-powered weaponry, and going OTG to hunt the dinosaur currently being bar-b-qued probably has something to do with that."

Nathaniel smirked, "What better way to celebrate surviving a year without contact with the future?  And since you talked a few of the brains into working with some of my guys, we'll be able to finish it off with fireworks.  Your family was big on the United States holiday traditions there, Sheriff?"

Jim jabbed the older man with a  soft elbow, "Oh, you're one to talk, /Mr. President/.  'We're fighting for our right to live.  To exist.  We have declared in one voice we will not go quietly into the night.  We will not vanish without a fight.  We're going to live on.  We're going to survive.  Today we celebrate our independence.'  Didn't know you were a fan of twentieth century action movies."

Nathaniel laughed, "Couldn't come up with anything better, and I didn't think anyone would recognize it."  He glanced over at Jim, a look Jim might've called coy if it had been on anyone else's face.  "I've got it and a few other old favorites on my plex.  Come over some evening, if you'd like to watch them with me."

Of course, Jim had to reassess what that look a moment later when Nathaniel stretched and ended up with an arm around Jim's shoulder.

 

end