Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
723
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
555

Mikey's Movie Night

Summary:

Mikey's favourite movie is on

Work Text:

Mikey couldn't believe they were showing it. His favourite movie of all time was on, and they didn't have training or patrol to stop him from watching it.

He quickly made a large bowl of popcorn and grabbed a bottle of soda before settling himself back down on the sofa with a huge grin. The movie wasn't starting for another ten minutes, but he knew he'd get distracted if he wasted time doing something else.

Leo stopped as he made his way across the living area, noticing that his little brother was all set for a movie.

"What movie's coming on?" He asked curiously, making his way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Dude. Check it out!" Mikey grinned, pulling up the guide on the tv so that Leo could see for himself.

Leo shook his head with a small sigh. "Really?" He raised an eyebrow at his little brother, seeing the big grin on Mikey's face he shrugged his shoulders, settling down into one of the armchairs. He grabbed one of his war books that he'd left on the table earlier, burying his head in the text, much to Mikey's dismay.

"Fine, more Popcorn to me." Mikey mumbled, seeing that Leo apparently wasn't interested in watching the movie with him.

xXxXxXx

Donnie growled with frustration, slamming the device in his hands down onto his desk. He'd been working on some new upgrades for their shell cells for hours now, and he just couldn't get the new circuits to work with the older ones without short-circuiting or overloading the whole unit.

He took a deep breath, resting his chin on his hand as he scrolled through the blueprints on his laptop, looking for any mistakes he'd made that could be causing the problem.

It took him a few moments before he noticed the loud music that had started in the other room. He turned to the door curiously as the music started to sound familiar, it was the opening score to a movie.

He couldn't help the smile that spread across his face, finally realising what the movie was just before opening the door to his lab to confirm it.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Mikey turned around in his seat briefly so that his brainy brother could see his grin.

Donnie disappeared back into his lab, only to return a few moments later after shutting off his laptop. Curling up next to his orange-banded brother, he knew his smile probably looked as stupid and Mikey's grin, but he couldn't bring himself to care as he grabbed a handful of popcorn.

xXxXxXx

Raph was halfway down the lift from the garage when he heard that Mikey was having one of his movie nights. He couldn't hear what movie is was yet though.

As soon the lift door opened Raph's eyebrows shot up as he realised what his brothers were watching.

"Oh com'n!" Raph grunted, crossing his arms across his chest. "Ya gotta be kidding me!"

"What!" Mikey snapped, turned around to glare at him.

"The little mermaid. Seriously?" Raph shook his head. "How old are you?"

"Shhh!" Donnie hissed, throwing popcorn at Raph before turning back to the movie.

Raph frowned, noticing Donnie for the first time. His eyes instantly shot over to Leo who had a book open in front of him, though he clearly hadn't turned the page in a long time. Leo's head was tilted down towards the book and he had an amused smile on his face. He may have been looking at the book but his eyes were locked onto the tv screen.

"Ya seriously all sitting ‘round watching this Disney crap?"

Mikey glared over the back of the sofa with enough anger to make the hot-head think twice about insulting his little brother's favourite film.

"Crap!?" Mikey‘s eyes widened. "Dude! It's a story of a mutant teenager who desperately wants to be part of the human world!"

"Mmhmm" Donnie agreed, nodded his head from where he sat next to Mikey. "Surely you can understand that, Raph?"

Raph sighed in defeat as he sat down on Mikey's other sign.

"Just shut up an' pass the popcorn."