Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
618
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
663

Some Things Don't Change

Summary:

SAINW. Donnie and Leo have a moment alone.

Work Text:

Leo didn’t know how it happened. It seemed like one minuet he had been trying to convince Donnie that his plan wouldn’t work, and the next minuet he’d found himself in a heated kiss, body entwined with his onetime lover on the floor.

 

Leo didn’t know at what point they had moved from the workshop. Only that his shell had hit soft bedding instead of hard concrete.

 

“Where are we?” He breathed out softly; his mind was too clouded to take note of anything but the talented hands playing with his tail.

 

“Spare room.” Donnie pressed his beak to the side of Leo’s mouth, kissing lightly before moving across to kiss him fully on the lips.

 

Leo couldn’t help the breathy laugh as he took everything in, hearing Donnie’s chuckle echoing back to him a moment later.

 

Donnie had disappeared thirty years ago. No goodbye, no warning. One day he was there and the next he was gone. They had struggled without him, Leo and Raph had spilt, and Mikey grew cold.

 

Leo felt that Leonardo had died along with their father. He was barley a shadow of the strong leader that he used to be.

 

Almost thirty years later and he felt alive again, Donnie’s lips giving him the kiss of life that he’d needed for too long.

 

“What are we doing?” Leo asked softly, it seemed absurd; they were planning to attack the Shredder in the morning.

 

 He still wasn’t sure if he was imagining all this; he’d dreamt of Donnie returning for years. He’d imagined Donnie’s arms wrapped around him, them kissing passionately… only to realise that it was all in his mind.

 

“You seemed so hollow.” Donnie sighed, his arms wrapping around Leo tightly as he nuzzled into his neck. “It’s like all the life in this world has died; even the survivors are just empty shells.”

 

“There isn’t a lot left to live for.” Leo admitted sadly, holding Donnie tightly as he kissed the top of his head gently. “Everything‘s gone. Every reason we find to keep fighting just…Disappears.”

 

“But they can come back.” Leo could hear the sad smile in his brother’s voice. “I did.”

 

Leo caught Donnie’s lips again, one hand coming up to stroke the side of his face, feeling the smooth unmarked skin that he’d missed so much.

 

His hand quickly grabbed Donnie’s as he felt his brother’s fingers against the strap of his glasses, shaking his head wordlessly.

 

“I just wanted to see.”

 

Leo didn’t say anything, his hand moving from Donnie’s wrist to his arm, taking his time exploring his brother’s body. He could only feel a few scars; one’s that he remembered from their youth.

 

“You haven’t changed a bit.” Leo smiled. He knew that the fact that Donnie still seemed to be a teenager should send alarm bells ringing in his head, but after everything they had been through it didn’t seem that strange.

 

“Neither have you. Not really, you just learned to hide it.”

 

“Everything changed.” Leo counted quietly.

 

Donnie moved his hands to gently stroke Leo’s tail, drawing a pleased mewling sound from him.

 

“That hasn’t changed.” Donnie’s hand moved from his tail to tilt his head slightly, engaging in another heated kiss. “You still feel the same.” Leo gasped out as he felt Donnie lick up a wet strip up the side of his neck. “You still taste the same.”

 

“And my feelings for you are still the same.” He finished, leaning their foreheads together.

 

“And I still love you.” Leo added with a smile, nuzzling against Donnie affectionately.