Actions

Work Header

Harry Potter and the League of Light

Summary:

An unexpected family heirloom brings about great change for Harry and his friends helping to mend a a burnt bridge.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Text

Harry sat quietly in the room of requirement looking out of the large bay window out over the lake.  He was disturbed by the door opening; he turned round and was surprised to see Cedric walk in.

“Hey Harry, I see you come here for some peace and quiet as well.”  Cedric walked over “Did you find out who put your name in the goblet?” Cedric asked.

Harry shook his head, “So you don’t think I put my name in it then?” Cedric smiled, “don’t be silly Harry, you have to be completely dense to not know how you hate fame, whilst I don’t have as much grief as you it bugs the hell out of me.”

The two champions spent the rest of the afternoon chatting, Harry finding it extremely cathartic to talk freely and for someone to actually understand what he was saying.  “You had much chance to talk to Viktor yet Harry?” Cedric asked.  With a shake of his head Harry replied, “No, I haven’t, I keep getting this weird look from Fleur though.

The room was filled with the sound of Cedric’s laugh, “Have you ever read about Veela Harry?”  Harry shook his head as Cedric continued, “I get the same, the thing you have to understand about Veela’s is that they will seek out the most suitable mate, there is allot of mystique about you Harry after what happened, you have a powerful aura, I am in the top five of my year and my dad is high up in the Ministry so we are top of the shopping list, mind you she has the wrong bits for me.”

Harry laughed although he was somewhat miffed at being seen as a trophy.  Cedric and Harry made arrangements to meet up again in the room of requirement again as they were both staying at the castle over Christmas, Harry had hoped to go to the Burrow by the headmaster had said that it would be safer for him to stay at the castle.

Down in the charms class room Professor Flitwick was doing something he had long been putting off, sorting out the charms store room, the room held sadness for him as he had not spent much time in there since his favourite student and latter apprentice Lilly Potter took up the post of Assistant Charms Professor. With the use of magic he levitated a pile of books off of one of the tables so that he could look though them to see how out of date they were.  He did not notice that they balanced the table, as they lifted off the table gave way with a pile falling over with a squeak the small professor dodged the books,  picking them up he recognised the writing on one of the books, it was Lily’s hand writing.  “PIPPIN” the professor called out to the house elf that looked after the charms class room, “How can Pippin help Professor?”  The elf asked.  “Please go and fetch Mr Potter would you please?  The professor replied.

After the elf popped into the Gryffindor common room, Harry made his way down to the charms classroom puzzled at why he had been summoned.  Knocking on the class room door he called out “Professor, Its Harry Potter Sir.”  The Charms Professor beckoned him in.  “Have a seat Mr Potter.”

Taking a seat the professor looked at the dark haired youth, “I am not sure you know this Mr Potter but when your parents where here you mother was my most gifted pupil in fact she once told me that I was her favourite professor.”  Harry smiled shyly, “It must be an Evans Trait then sir.” The professor smiled kindly, “Why thank you, after graduating your mother became my apprentice and assistant here at Hogwarts.  The reason I am bringing this up is that I was looking through the Charms store room when your mother’s journal fell on me, I have not read it, but I wanted you to have it.”  Harries eyes began to water as he rushed over to hug the professor who reached as far around as his arms would reach and patted Harry on the back.

Realising who he was hugging Harry pulled back, “Professor if you can wait until tomorrow I can help you, I want a chance to read the journal.”  Filius smiled, “Of course, I would welcome your company and assistance.”

Harry took the journal up to the room of requirement.

As he read through the sacred book he realised that it was a mixture of a note book and journal. 

One particular entry caught his eye.

April 1 1976

The pranking war continues with the Marauders, I will get them back for what they did to the girls shower room,  Professor Flitwick actually helped me prepare the prank although he doesn’t know. I was talking to him about the charms protecting the boys and girls dorm room.  After sneaking in when they were at Quidditch practice I charmed James and Siri’s pyjamas with hair remover, when they woke up in the morning every last bit of hair would be removed but they would not be able to see until they got wet in the shower.

April 2 1976

The charmed worked perfectly I never knew a boy who had reached puberty could scream so loudly, for future blackmail material I managed to get a photograph.

As Harry turned the page an old folded photograph fell out, he erupted into laughter at seeing a completely bald and hairless Siri with his dad trying to hide their modesty.

The next entry to catch his eye filled him with hope.

 

 

June 15 1976

James has been helping with my family tree, I must admit he has his moments and is extremely loving, mind you I almost brained him when he thought I was going to tell the others about poor Remus, he has become a dear dear friend and I am somewhat jealous that the others can go with him on the full moon, mind you I am more than happy to cover for them so no one notices they are gone.

I never knew that my great times 12 Grandfather was a ward of the Elven Royal Court, James showed me in one of his family history books that over 300 years ago the High Elves went into seclusion as they had had enough of Magic Britain wanting them to solve all their problems. 

We used James’s cloak to sneak into the restricted section to find any books on Elven customs.  We took the books to the room of requirement, I was a bit distracted when James kept kissing be behind my ear.

To protect our children if we have them we are both going to perform a ritual that will tie our sprits to earth so that our child can summon us in times of great need.  I trust Professor Flitwick beyond all else and I know that he will help.  I dearly hope that our children do not need to perform the ritual as it will only work if they need our help, not just to bring our spirits back.  Once the ritual is done it will tie our sprits to our children.

The ritual was written out in detail.  Harry jumped up and ran down to the Charms classroom.  “PROFESSOR, PROFESSOR” Harry called out.  The aged professor rushed out of his office.  “Professor, I need to talk to you about what was in my mum’s journal.”  Harry followed the charms professor into his study.  The Charms professor cast the most powerful privacy spell he could. 

When Harry told the professor about the prank the elder professor’s eyes began to water because he was laughing so much.

The professor agreed to help with the ritual which needed to be carried out on the night of the full moon.

It was an excited Harry that returned to the Gryffindor tower that night.  With the thought of being able to talk to his parents all the disappointment at not being able to go to the Burrow had greatly diminished.