Actions

Work Header

I Can't Take It Anymore

Summary:

Wade tells Quinn that she has enough of sliding and wishes not to do it anymore.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was on one Tuesday night when a young man named Quinn Mallory had walked over to a beautiful maiden whose name happens to be Wade Kathleen Welles and noticed that she was smoking a cigarette with a depressed look on her face.

"Wade, are you okay? You seem to be down about something.", said a concerned Quinn before Wade had put out her cigarette, turned around and said, "I can't take it anymore, Quinn! I really am sick and tired of sliding from one Earth to the next in order to find my way home!"

That was before Quinn had looked at his watch and said, "Look, Wade. I know how rough it is for you right now. But as soon as we use the timer to open the vortex and slide ourselves out of here...!", only to have it result in Wade punching Quinn on the shoulder and yelling, "NO, QUINN! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND! I REALLY AM SICK AND TIRED OF GOING INTO THAT VORTEX IN ORDER TO GET HOME AND WINDING UP ON ANOTHER EARTH INSTEAD!"

And after Wade looked at Quinn with the tears of sadness leaking out of her eyes and said, "I really am sorry to do this to you, Quinn! But I just can not take it anymore!", he gave her a big hug and said, "Okay, Wade. I get the picture. If you want to stay, I'll say nothing to change your mind."

That was before Wade placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and said, "Goodbye, Quinn. I hope that you do find that open window back to Earth Prime.", just in time for the vortex to be opened.

And after Quinn had tossed himself into the vortex with the other Sliders, Wade waved and said, "Goodbye. I'll miss you."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.