Actions

Work Header

Tell Them I Said Goodbye

Summary:

Bouncing Boy tries to talk Duo Damsel out of using the Time Cube.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was after a member of a group of heroic beings known as the Legion Of Super-Heroes had stepped into a room and activated a device that another member whose code name happens to be Bouncing Boy had turned on the lights and said, "If you were to ask me, Luornu. This is a big mistake."

That made Luornu Durgo whose code name happens to be Duo Damsel turn around and say, "That might be true, Chuck. But I have to do it, anyway.", before the Legionnaire from the planet Cargg began setting the controls for The Twentieth Century.

"Please, Luornu. I really love you with all of my heart and do not want to lose you.", said Chuck Taine after he laid his hand on the shoulder of his lady love.

That was before she turned around and said, "I know that, Chuck. It's just that I'm not getting any younger and willing to stay in The Thirtieth Century anymore."

And after she had pressed a button and activated the Time Cube, Luornu took off her flight ring and said, "I know that I have a new life waiting for me in the past. All I have to do is find it."

"But what about the other Legionnaires? What should I tell them?", asked a concerned Chuck before Luornu kissed him on the cheek, placed her flight ring in his hands and answered, "Tell them I said goodbye."

That was before she had entered the vortex of the Time Cube and disappeared with that vortex after the device had turned itself off.

And once the vortex was gone, Chuck looked at Luornu's flight ring with tears leaking out of his eyes, took a deep breath and said, "Goodbye, Luornu. I really will miss you with all of my heart."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.