Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
259
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
533

Not His Stormy

Summary:

He never would have told her if he'd known.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Not His Stormy
by Pirate Turner

 

        They were alone in the Danger Room; Kitty watched Logan practice. She'd declined training with him, and he knew from that and the way she pouted every time he looked in her direction that something was bothering her. He defeated his last foe and turned to her, lighting a cigar, as Cerebro switched programs. "All right, pumpkin, out wit' it. What's botherin' ya?"

        "I think I'm in love," she blurted out, obviously more than ready to talk.

        "An' that's somethin' to be upset about?"

        "Well, yeah. No. Yeah. I dunno!"

        "Kitty -- " Logan growled impatiently.

        The next revelation came in a rush of words, and Logan realized that the girl could talk faster than Quicksilver could run. She gushed about the wonderful, thrilling sensation of new love, how Piotr made her feel, and also how she was still unsure because there was another who made her feel all the same things better and more.

        "So who's the other guy?"

        "Not a guy. A woman." Logan failed to hide his surprise; his teeth clipped his cigar in two. "Yeah, so, you see, that's my whole problem!"

        He forced himself to shrug. "Love is either."

        "Huh?"

        "Ya can love a man or a woman. Gender don't matter."

        "Really?"

        "Have I ever lied ta ya?"

        "No." She grinned. "Cool!"

        They turned as Ororo entered. Kitty shocked them both as she kissed her. Logan silently whirled around and ripped apart his new practice dummy. He'd never have told her if he'd known it was his Ororo!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.