Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
258
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
636

Quiet and Humble

Summary:

Dani reflects while holding Rahne.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Quiet and Humble
by Pirate Turner

 

        Dani stared into the crackling fire in the quiet, after hours of Xavier's. She and her friends had finished their first round of big tests today, and though the Native American girl confidently felt that she'd passed the tests, and they'd even saved the world again afterwards, she still wasn't sure that this strange school led by a white man was where she belonged.

        She felt the soft rise and fall of her best friend's chest where she lay across her long, muscular legs. Dani's eyes drifted from the fire to gaze instead at Rahne's peaceful, sleeping face. There was only two things about this school that made her want to stay. One was that being here had been her grandfather's wish for her; the other was the sweet girl now laying in her lap.

        Dani smiled as she stroked Rahne's fur. The Scot was always so beautiful, regardless of rather she was in wolf or girl form. She was the only thing about Danielle's new life Dani actually liked, but, Dani thought, curling her fingers in her crush's soft, brown hair, as long as Rahne would have her as a friend, even if her Christian upbringing forbade her to return Dani's true feelings, she would stay. And as long as, she thought, smiling and her eyes beginning to close, she had Rahne, things wouldn't be all so bad. She fell asleep with Rahne licking her fingers to dream sweet dreams of a world wherein they could truly be together.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.