Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
390
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
621

Open To Punishment

Summary:

Alex is a self loathing editor and cheif @ Wild Word ent. Her staff includes Kent Standard a recluse who has knack for scrabble and a coffee fetish. Wendy David is a genuis who only works because she has a problem with the "humans" they seem to find her attractive. Rounding out the crew is Miles Richards the janitor who's been thru enough bosses to know that without help these three won't even get out of bed.

Work Text:

"My life has gone from bad to honey we think you need a career. So here I am 45 and opening my own magazine. My parents are the knd of people who don't believe in sending there only child off to war. So I have my one and only nest egg."
The morning began as any morning should birds chirping sun shinning. However today was the first day of publication. Alex had gone thru every thing she was prepared to tackle the world. Until she realized her life long dream of Clerkdom was actually shaping up into something her parents might be proud of. That aside she made her way into work.
"Boss, first day jitters or you medicating heavily?"
"Both glad you noticed if I seem to tilt just give me a shove." She said as she made her way upstairs.
The office was modest to say the least there was an office chair which looked oddly like one of the chairs in Star Trek, it wasn't but then again she was heavily medicated.... A table that if you squinted hard enough you would have sworn it was your grandmothers antique. a crate which just was there. Miles told her it was the office totem. She was still trying to figure that one, but there it sat.
The door opened as Kent walked in he was covered head to toe in black. She had learned from her first interview this was his way. He had brought a blend of coffee that she literally told him "I would slap my Grandmother. " It was just that good.
He had a mug of his best he had told her earlier he was getting a machine delivered later. She couldn't wait. she finally realized what a Starbucks on every corner was for.
The sound of blaring horns outside caught their attention as they both raced to the window.
"It's gotta be Wendy." In the mist of a car crash there she was Wendy a cross between Cindy Crawford and June Cleaver. The young woman was lost in thought as she listened to her book on tape via her ipad. She thought the technology rather quaint when she had many more ideas. When the group was all settled they began their first staff meeting. Whcih mainly consisted of trying new coffee creamers.
tbc...