Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-11-24
Words:
1,725
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,340

Darkmen Ring Twice 4

Summary:

Jasper makes a discovery....

Chapter 1: Chapter 4

Chapter Text

  The breathing began to hitch she knew he was slipping away his eyes where becomming dimmer. It was always this way in death.

   As he finnished the last line the story was posted. He gave her a few moments before he waited for a reply. She had understood the message. She sent back the pre-ops report. He sat up knowing that his next mission was scrubbed he was about to re-partnered with her they where on a hunt for a madman.

 She was preparing to head back out to retrieve him she had given him her usual 20 minutes to get ready. He had always found that one of her more endearing traits considering she wasn't his annal retentive. What had doomed their realtionship from the start was she ran. He could never abide by such a world. She knew his secrects but she couldn't face him in the harsh reality.

  No matter how he felt about her, he could never forgive her for running away from him. So he sat day in and out  just living with the sudden realization that he was better alone.  The anticipation of being set free even if it was a job, was the only thing keeping him sane.

  As she waited for him to come out, her mind began to travel back to the first day he had bought the house. He seemed like he hadn't really cared. It was a quirk of his that she had gotten use to over  the years. 

"You seem a little shaken."

"Forgive me for not really knowing what your side dose."

"You wanted to play the Boss, seems you learn what us underlyings do all day." He smiled as he eased himself into his seat. She rolled the window up and adjusted her seat. The two headed towards the Interstate.

  "Let me be a bit more kind. This is hard considering they tried to retire me from what I've done for most of my life. A bit of resentment is assigned to me.However now that I know you don't like my side I needn't worry about a woman stepping on my territory.Let me remind you how much I still value your sex. You're just not cut out for the animal side of The Campaign. "

"You're still such a romantic. If I didn't know better I'd think there was a come-on in there."

"For you, proably not. I did want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"How long did you wait till you let them take our kid?"

       TBC...