Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
385
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,213

Break Through

Summary:

Wes and Travis have a break through in their relationship.

Work Text:

Break Through
By PEJA

This time the usual bickering and tussling had escalated, growing more and more intense with each furious comment hurtled from one to the other.  

Wes Mitchell, the ever hopeful, well, optimistic member of this antagonistic partnership shuddered under his own feelings of hopeless despair. And frustrated anger, if the truth be told.

Travis Marks' appearance was as close to rabid as it could get this side of having a full- blown episode of the disease as possible. His enraged screams echoed down the station halls, capturing the officers and detectives on duty in a maze of silent, breathless dread as they waited for what was to come.

Wild-eyed, Travis latched on Wes with claw-like fingers that were digging in so deep Wes cringed away from the pain even as he stood his ground staring into Travis' sparking gaze.

"Dumb," Travis screamed into Wes' face, spittal spewing. "How could you be so God damn dumb? That maniac was sure as hell intending to kill you. What were you thinking just standing there and egging him on?"

Wes cupped Travis' pale cheek and smiled gently.  "That I couldn't let him hurt you." His smile broke into a wide grin. "Ass hole."

"Fuck you, Marks."

"I could only wish," Wes' voice was so quiet Travis wasn't sure he'd heard right.

"W--Wish?" His voice dropped, softened, matched Wes' tone as the rage left his body.  "wish...what...?"

Wes leaned  close, and whispered into Travis' ear. "That you would fuck me, you big dumb cop."

"W-What...?"

"I want you, dumb ass. I want you so damn bad I can't even begin to wrap my head around it." He moved back a step, sadness radiating him like a miniature sun. "Sorry."

Travis could only stare at the other man as Travis began to turn away, to leave.  "Wait..."

Wes stopped but did not turn back.

"You're being...honest?" Travis asked, his voice cracking with emotion. "You mean it?"

Wes nodded. "So much it hurts."

"Do you want a drink?" Travis asked. "At my place?"

Wes turned around, still wary, but hopeful. "Your place?"

Travis smiled crookedly, taking a deep breath. "Can't think of a better place to sneak a little cuddle, can you?"

End

First time in this fandom, but the guys are hunky and oh so slashable.

Please review on list or at the wwomb site.