Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
615
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
889

Sticks and stones

Summary:

In the middle of a row John says something unforgiveable. Or so he thinks...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: Sherlock (BBC 2010) PWP ficlet

Rating: G

Characters:  Sherlock/John

Series:  No

Spoilers: Nothing specifically but as always anything (including the unaired pilot) may get a mention

Summary: In the middle of a row John says something unforgiveable. 

Archive: Just tell me where it's going

Additional 'stuff':  Set before The Reichenbach Fall. It will help if you’re familiar with ‘The Big Bang Theory’. The US TV programme, not the cosmological concept. The comparison of Sherlock to Sheldon isn’t a new concept, it’s just the first time I’ve written about it. IMHO, Leonard’s a *great* friend.

Title: Sticks and stones

Baker Street, mid-morning…

“For once, Sherlock just do something without arguing about it, dissecting it or putting it off until it’s a health hazard!” John shouted, his hands balling into fists as he seriously contemplated smacking Sherlock. Hard.

Laying on the sofa, Sherlock pulled a face. “But it’s so pointless John. A month or so from now they’ll need cleaning again. It’s dust from the…”

“Just help me clean the bloody windows Sheldon!” John snarled, shoving a cloth and spray bottle of window cleaner at Sherlock’s chest.

They both seemed to realize what he’d said at the same time.

“Sherlock I didn’t mean…I just…”

Sherlock took the blue cloth and plastic bottle from John, apparently unaware of John’s verbal slip. He frowned as he saw John’s embarrassed look, quickly out of sight as John turned away.

“There are three experiments I have to watch carefully John…” Sherlock tried one last time to avoid the pointless cleaning exercise.

“You can watch them in between cleaning the windows Sherlock.” John said, climbing on a chair to unhook the curtains. “I’ll take the curtains to the dry cleaners while you’re doing it.”

***********************

As soon as John was out of the house, Sherlock dropped the cloth and bottle on the table and opened his laptop.

After a couple of minutes and some online searching, Sherlock had completely forgotten the windows.

**********************

Baker Street…later the same day

“You think I’m a obsessive-compulsive geek with an eidetic memory who looks like a giant praying mantis.”

John hadn’t even closed the door before Sherlock’s softly-voiced accusation was directed at him from the sofa.

“What?” John felt his blood pressure rising at Sherlock’s failure to start their monthly cleaning routine while he was gone.

“You called me Sheldon.”

“Slip of the tongue Sherlock. And you haven’t even touched the windows!” John tried to replace embarrassment with anger.

“You know that makes you Leonard.” Sherlock said casually.

“I don’t mind that.” John shrugged, picking up the cloth and bottle. He was more than a little relieved Sherlock didn’t seem offended by his earlier mistake.

“I would be good at theoretical physics.” Sherlock mused, apparently to himself, as he got up from the sofa and took both the cloth and bottle from John.

John stood, empty-handed, trying to judge his flatmate’s mood. “I’ll start on the kitchen.”

Sherlock turned quickly, his expression one of horrified anxiety. “My experiments John!”

John decided to push his luck. “Fine, I’ll do the windows, you do the kitchen.”

Apparently satisfied, Sherlock walked past him, passing the cloth and bottle over one last time. “You’re a better friend than Leonard.”

John smiled as he sprayed the clear liquid onto the blue cloth and climbed onto the chair, beginning to clean the large windows.

It was only a few seconds later that a loud crash and Sherlock’s angry curse wiped the smile right off his face.

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.