Actions

Work Header

To The One Star

Summary:

A little girl and her family escape the destruction of their planet aboard a spaceship.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I was only a little girl who was just sitting under a tree and reading my favorite book.

That was before I heard a large boom and saw the clouds in the sky getting darker and darker.

And that was also when my father had picked me up and rushed us into the hanger where the ship that he had been working on was waiting and ready for departure.

After we got inside and the hatch was slammed shut, I ran over to my mother and hugged her for life while my father and uncle start the engines and blast all of us up into the sky and straight into outer space.

And when we saw the planet that was our home explode into cosmic dust, I looked at my father with tears leaking out of my eyes and asked, "Where are we going, Daddy? Are we going to die?"

That was when he kissed me on the forehead and said, "No, Tara. We're not going to die. However, we are going on a hunt for a wold for us to stay and make a new home for ourselves."

And when my father had pointed to our destination on the computer screen and said, "That is where we're going, Tara. To the one star that will soon be our new home.", I smiled, turned around and given my father the biggest hug that he had ever gotten from me in his entire life.

And it is because I was being just like the character in my favorite book.

She had also made the cosmic journey to that one special star.

And so were we.

We actually were on our way to that special star which happens to be this very planet.

The one known to all of you as Earth.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.