Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-04-05
Words:
1,407
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
32
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,634

Adoption Stories

Summary:

Shannon and Gibbs adopt four children. AU fic.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Author's Note: I wanted to do a fic like this where Shannon and Gibbs adopt McGee, Abby, Kate and Tony. I'm adopted and this little poem was in my baby book that my foster mother had put in the front page. This story is very AU.

Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone;

But still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart,

But in it.

Adoption Stories

Leroy Jethro Gibbs stretched and smacked the alarm clock and got up to begin his workday. He loved working at NCIS and being a federal agent. He looked at his wife as he got up as she too stretched. They had been trying for a child, but nothing came from it yet.

He walked into the bullpen and sat down in his chair. Ever since Mike Franks quit he had been the team leader and he liked it. He looked up as his senior field agent Stephen McGee walked in and also the tech person Nathan Todd and the probie on the team Carol Gilbert. Stephen and his wife Sarah had one child named Timothy who was ten years old. Nathan and his wife Brenda also had a child named Caitlin, or rather Kate who was also ten years old.

He still had to talk to Gloria Scuito who was the forensic scientist and take her a Caf Pow. She and her husband also have a child named Abigail, or rather Abby who was also ten years old. They were all born months apart, but the same age. He remembered when they were born and seen them when they were babies. It made him want a child with his wife, but it just didn't happen yet. They kept on trying, but still nothing. They sometimes had the kids over and even sometimes had BBQ's over their house.

He got up and made his way towards the Caf Pow machine and got a big cup and took it down to the lab.

"Did you get the matches done?"

"Yep." Gloria said as she took the cup and began drinking. Her daughter Abby also loved Caf Pow just like her mother. She was also a very caring child and wore her heart on her sleeve. She then grabbed the papers and gave them to Gibbs to read.

"Thank you, Glo." He said as he went back upstairs. They finally had the evidence to get the bad guy.

"Let's go." Gibbs said as he grabbed his backpack and strode towards the elevator letting the others catch up. He stabbed the button and waited for the doors to open. Finally the guy was cuffed and put into the car and they went back to headquarters to find out why he did what he did.

Finally after all the work was done they were allowed to go home. Stephen and Sarah McGee and Nathan and Brenda Todd were going out to eat and he and Shannon were taking care of their children. It took four hours for these two children's lives were changed. A drunk driver had run into them and killed them instantly.

The will was read and they had both given Gibbs and Shannon custody of both their children.

It would be months later than Abby's life would be changed too. They too gave Gibbs and Shannon custody of Abby.

They began looking for another house, so the kids could have their own bedroom. Luckily they knew each other and liked playing with each other. They were good at comforting each other when they needed it. They still couldn't believe that their parents were dead, but they were luckily they knew the people who were taking care of them.

They still went to the same school and it wasn't far from the Gibbs's new house. The children packed their things from their own home to have there. They even kept some photos of their parents and had them in their rooms. They let the kids grieve for their parents and they even went to their funerals. They also were there to comfort them too. They talked to them often about their parents and told them that if they ever needed to talk about anything that they could come to them.