Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
614
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
889

His Peace

Summary:

Early morning thoughts.

Work Text:

His Peace
by: BJ

There were no dreams.

There  were no dreams and that little voice inside his head that warned him to,  "Move on before it was too late... now before you get attached, before you find yourself alone...again.," was silent.

Moving slowly to avoid waking his lover, Logan eased up onto an elbow  then brushed the sleep from his eyes. Glancing at the  curtains dancing in the cool morning breeze, he smiled. Maybe it was the fact that it was Springtime, although he'd never gone in for all that sentimental crap before, or maybe it was the fact that he was officially on leave for an entire week...

 No, he thought silently, those weren't the reason for the peace he felt.

Slowly he reached over  with his free hand and touched his lovers soft auburn hair. The urge to feel his fingers bunched into it was strong, but he settled for letting a single curl wind around his finger.

He sighed, here was his reason for feeling at peace; this room, this bed, this man.

You touch these tired eyes of mine
And map my face out line by line

And somehow growing old feels fine


Listen close for I'm not smart
You wrap your thoughts in works of art
And they're hanging on the walls of my heart

I may not have the softest touch
 I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours


And though my edges may be rough
I never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours

He was amazed anew every morning waking up with this man. He had seen the worst, lived through the rages, and fights, and nightmares. He held him as he fell weak kneed and vomiting after missions. Wiped the tears and sweat and snot from his face and pulled him close until the tremors stopped, held him there against his body and spoke of nothing knowing his voice alone was the tonic he needed when he loathed himself and his necessary violence.

 He held him because he knew the animal didn't have the strength to do more than just breathe anymore, and somehow still it didn't matter to him because he cared... because for some unfathomable reason he loved him without condition.

He loves me.

He unwound the strand of silky hair from around his finger and tucked it back behind a perfect ear then leaned in to kiss it.

You healed these scars over time
Embraced my soul
You loved my mind
You're the only angel in my life
The day news came my best friend died
My knees went weak you saw my cry
Say I'm still a soldier in your eyes

He watched fascinated as long thick lashes began to flutter and ruby and onyx eyes became aware. He watched and caught his breath as irresistible lips formed a warm gentle smile. He held the eyes, returned the smile, moved closer to kiss the irresistible lips, pulled the lithe body close and held on tight.

 I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much I'm yours

And though my edges may be rough
I never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours
This was where he found his peace.

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I don't fit in that much
But I'm yours

Yes, this was where he found his peace.

End