Actions

Work Header

A Message For Janice Rand

Summary:

After the Enterprise arrives in spacedock,Janice gets a message from Starfleet Command.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was after the starship Enterprise had finally returned to the spacedock that one of the members of the crew known as Yeoman Janice Rand had received a message from Starfleet Command demanding that she report to the command base to assist in an investigation against the ship's commanding officer Captain James Kirk.

At first, she was thinking on going to Captain Kirk and tell him about the investigation.

But that was before she realized that it would be best to find out the truth for herself.

And so, after she had gotten permission from Kirk to go on shore leave, Janice had taken the first available shuttlecraft to Earth and headed straight for Starfleet Command Headquarters in San Francisco.

But as soon as she had stepped into the conference room and said, "Hello! Is there anyone here? I'm here about the charges against Captain Kirk!", the other lights had came on before Kirk had stepped into the room with a smile on his face, shrugged his shoulders and said, "What else could I say, Janice? What else except April Fool!"

"I don't get it, Sir. When I've got the message, I've thought...!", that was what a confused Janice had said before Kirk had raised his hand and said, "I'm sorry, Janice. It's just that I also need to tell you something in private."

Then, after he had given her a friendly handshake and said, "Congratulations, Rand. You have been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.", Janice had let out a smile, given Kirk a big hug and said, "I am so sorry, Sir! It's just that I'm so happy to get the promotion! I just don't know what to say!"

"As of right now, nothing. Just go do Starfleet proud.", said Kirk before they had left the conference room.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.