Actions

Work Header

Just Couldn't Find The Right Time

Summary:

Three roommates move into a new apartment where two of them have a problem of their own.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was after we had moved ourselves into our new apartment that I had looked into some of the boxes for something that I had possibly lost in the move.

That was before I've gone into the kitchen and asked Sarah and Toby, "Have you guys seen my credit cards?"

"Yeah. I have them here.", that was what Toby had said before he had taken the cards out of one of the bags of food that we've bought at the local Giant Eagle.

Then, after the phone rang and Toby had gone to answer it, Sarah and I had kissed each other on the lips just before she had looked at me with the eyes of a doe and said, "We really need to tell him about us, Gary."

That had made me take a deep breath and say, "I know, Sarah. I also don't want to make a monkey out of him anymore."

But before I was about to ask Sarah about when would've been the right time to tell Toby about what we were doing behind his back, Sarah and I had suddenly heard the sound of police car sirens coming closer to the apartment building.

That was before I've walked over to the door and opened it, only to get myself shoved out of the way by a couple of cops who had started searching the apartment for something.

And when they had gone into Toby's bedroom, the cops had grabbed and handcuffed the guy before they took him away for shooting some guy dead in Cleveland.

"Why?", asked a shocked Sarah.

"I'm sorry, Sarah. I just couldn't find the right time to tell you guys.", that was Toby's answer before he was taken away and Sarah had dropped on the bed and cried in her pillow.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.