Actions

Work Header

Letters from Hogwarts

Summary:

Letters from Hogwarts, set during the Marauders era.

Chapter 1: #1

Notes:

Letters from Hogwarts, set during the Marauders era.

None of these characters belong to me

Written for a swap-bot swap.

Chapter Text

Messr Moony,

How is the hospital ward treating you? I hope you’re recovering from your furry little problem all right. We miss you up here in the dorm!

We’ve been getting into all kinds of trouble without you here to keep us on the strait and narrow (Is that right? Straight and narrow? Oh, I don’t understand all these muggle expressions!)… or trying, at least. Because you’re stuck down there, I feel like I can be honest about what we got up to last night. But you have to promise you’ll come back after you read this and not hate us for doing it without you. Promise? Really? Okay.

So do you know that statue of Salazar Slytherin up on the third floor, next to the other founders? There are protective charms around it to protect it from students Marauders, of course, but we discovered a way around it. If Peter transformed into a rat, he could sneak in with something in his mouth. After some inspired (if I do say so myself) transfiguration work, old Salazar soon sported a bunny hat, a pink tutu, a floral lei, and purple galoshes. It was amazing. I’ve enclosed a photo, so you have to believe me.

As you might guess, the Slytherins were shocked and mad, and we couldn’t laugh or we would give ourselves away. But back up in the dorm we couldn’t stop laughing. McGonagall put it right in a second, but the memory lives on!

Anyway, don’t be too mad. We were bored and had to do something because you weren’t here to make us do our homework. No hurt feelings? Have some chocolate—it’s your favorite.

Feel better soon, Moony!

Messr Padfoot