Actions

Work Header

A Little Birthday Surprise

Summary:

After he returns from a meeting on Oa,Carol shows Hal the surprise for his birthday.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was after he had returned from the planet Oa after a meeting with the Green Lantern Corps that Hal Jordon had flown into the office of the head of Ferris Aircraft herself in order to change out of his uniform in private.

But just as he was about to use his ring to perform such a task, Carol Ferris had slowly opened the door and said, "I'm glad that you're here, Hal. I've got a little birthday surprise for you.", which had made Hal smile and ask, "Oh, really? Could it possibly be a small tree like the one on your desk?"

"Well, Hal. Not quite.", that was the answer that Carol had given to Hal before she had opened the door all the way and shown him the one thing that had caused Hal to blink his eyes nine times.

That something was Carol in a Green Lantern uniform which was complete with its own power ring.

"Look, Hal. I know that I also look like a giant frog and really do understand how dangerous the task of being a Green Lantern is. It was exactly what the Guardians had told me when I've visited them on Oa and asked them to make me a Green Lantern. You see, Hal. The reason why I've done this is that you don't have to worry about me. I really want us to do something together. Sure, it's dangerous. But I feel that...! Are you still mad at me?"

That was when Hal had smiled, placed a gentle hand on Carol's cheek and said, "Let me put it to you this way, Carol."

And after he had kissed Carol on the lips and she had smiled at Hal, the two Green Lanterns had used their rings to close the office door.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.