Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
411
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
619

Not Just A Lifetime

Summary:

A lifetime of love could never be enough.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Not Just A Lifetime
by Pirate Turner

        "Are you ready?" He asked.

        "I will be," she answered, looking back to her weeping friends. "It'll take me just a minute." He nodded His consent, and she went to her love and wrapped her tenderly in her strong and reassuring arms. Gabrielle sobbed as Xena hugged her. Then the Warrior Princess lifted her chin with a finger and silenced her quiet sobs with a long and passionate kiss. Her tongue swept into Gabby's mouth, exploring her silken heat as far as she could thrust into her mouth and kissing her fully. Her hands swept gently over her long, blonde hair as she kissed her breathless. Their bodies merged beautifully together. Both women yearned to stay like that forever, but slowly, reluctantly, Xena pulled away.

        Tears still raced down Gabby's upturned face. "You . . . " Her ravished lips pressed together to hold back another sob. "You are coming back, aren't you?" she asked, reaching out and lovingly caressing Xena's beautiful face.

        Xena took her hand from her face and kissed the back of her hand and then her palm. "I am," she vowed, her baby blue eyes gazing into her scared, green orbs. "I promise." She grinned down at her. "If I wasn't coming back," she confessed, "it would take me much more than a minute. I want a lifetime with you, Gabrielle."

        Gabrielle rushed back into her arms and hugged her tightly. Xena squeezed her just as hard and kissed the top of her blonde head. Quietly, Aphrodite came up to the lovers and gently touched Gabrielle's elbow. It was time for their loves to go do what must be done.

        Xena again released Gabrielle, and Aphrodite stood beside her. "I'll be back," Xena vowed, still gazing directly into Gabby's sad eyes. "I promise." She caressed her face one last time, then turned and walked away to where Ares waited.

        The Goddess of Love and her mortal friends watched as Ares and Xena disappeared from their view. The moment they were gone, Gabby sobbed again. Aphrodite hugged her. "They will return," she promised her. "You'll get that lifetime together. You'll get more than a lifetime together."

        "Promise?" Gabby murmured.

        "The Goddess of Love does not lie, and true love always finds its way back together." She was true to Her word, and every time Xena and Gabrielle had to be parted, they always came back together, as soul mates do, throughout all eternity.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.