Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
353
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
646

Getting Back to His Roots

Summary:

Blair decides he and Jim need a vacation after a harrowing case.

Work Text:

Getting Back to His Roots

 

Blair sat back, watching as Jim uncovered the latest find at the dig site.  It had begun as a vacation for the two of them after an especially harrowing case wrapped up in Cascade.  Jim put in for vacation time and Blair had the ideal place for them to go.  Blair got the permission to go to Mexico to do a study at the dig site to find remnants of the civilization there.  Blair convinced Jim to go with him.  It was just what both men needed.

 

When they arrived at the site, both men relaxed and Blair went into immediate anthropologist mode.  He explained to Jim that if he used his enhanced senses, it would make the digging and exploration easier.  Jim soon understood what Blair meant and was finding artifacts within no time.  Blair catalogued what Jim would find and could tell this was exactly what they needed.

 

They sat by the fire at night, enjoying each other’s companionship.

 

“Thank you, Chief.  How did you know…?”

 

“A sentinel needs to get back to his roots, Jim.  Where better to go than a remote place in Mexico, as far away from civilization as possible.  I also knew that this would be good for your senses.  You’ve been able to find traces of bone and pottery in the dirt and you are able to open your senses fully without worry.”

 

“That’s because you are right here with me, guiding me as always.  How much longer can we stay?”

 

“Well, we are scheduled for another week.  By that time, we should have enough relics and artifacts to make a good start.  I’ll be able to write my observations and recommendations to the university. “

 

“I’m sorry I pulled you away from this.  I can see that it truly is your passion.”

 

“As long as I can keep a hand in it, it’s all good.  And since I have the best assistant available, it makes it a lot easier.”

 Both men knew the time remaining would go by fast, but they also knew that it would strengthen their friendship and bond.