Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
542
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
833

Snow

Summary:

Ronnie stops Matt's brooding -- answer to snow challenge at Aphrodite's Blessings

Work Text:

Matt shuffled along, head down and hands in the pockets of his winter coat. Cold wind blew against the back of his neck. He scowled but it wasn’t because of the cold. “We had him,” he muttered angrily. “We had him.”

He clenched his hands into tight fists and pulled the coat tighter about himself. “Hot shot defense barristers.” he hissed. He shook his head and spoke up. “Ronnie, what’s the use of catching these monsters if we can’t put ‘em away?”

There wasn’t an answer. He stopped. “Ronnie?”

That’s when it hit him in the back. He whirled around. He stared wide eyed at Ronnie. “Did you just throw a snow ball at me?”

Ronnie grinned. He shaped the snow in his hands into another ball. “Yeah. Hit ya dead center in the back too.”

Matt frowned. “Why?”

Ronnie arched both eyebrows. “Why not?”

Matt rolled his eyes. He turned away and started walking again. “I’m not in the mood, mate.”

Ronnie hit Matt dead center on his back with the second snowball. This time he threw it just a bit harder. “Sometimes we lose, Mattie. That’s just the way it is. We have to live to fight another day. Brooding is not gonna help.”

Matt stopped. He stomped his feet but turned back around. “I know that, but…”

Ronnie bent down for some more snow. “Have you noticed it’s snowing?” he asked casually.

Matt looked at him blankly. “Yeah, why?”

“And that we’re in a park?”

Matt glanced around. They were alone. “So?”

This time Ronnie hit Matt in the chest. “So, quit brooding.”

Matt couldn’t hold his glare in the face of Ronnie’s transparent joy. He laughed and grabbed a handful of snow. “You’re in for it now.”

Ronnie smirked. “Bring it on.” He ducked out of the way of Matt’s first snowball. “You’ll have to do better than that.”

“I will, old man.”

Ronnie missed. He winced dramatically and ducked behind a nearby tree. He barely peeked around when the snowball exploded against the tree. “Missed again.” He caught sight of Matt charging towards his tree and took off.

In a few quick strides, Matt tackled Ronnie into the snow. He straddled Ronnie’s hips. He held a snowball up for Ronnie to see.

The cold rapidly seeped into his back while Matt’s heat spread through his front. Ronnie squirmed. “That’s hardly fair.”

Matt arched an eyebrow. “Fair? You started this when my back was turned.”

Ronnie rested a hand on Matt’s hip. “That’s not what I meant.”

Matt looked around to make sure they were still alone and dropped the snowball to the side. He twisted his hips. He bared his teeth at Ronnie’s sharp intake of breath. “Is this what you mean?”

Ronnie took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “You’re getting the idea.”

Matt leaned in close to let his hot breath ghost across Ronnie’s lips. His voice was low and rough. “Then, maybe we should head to your flat. It’s closer.”

Ronnie barely nipped at Matt’s bottom lip. “Sounds like fun to me.”

Matt grinned and scrambled off Ronnie. He jumped to his feet. He offered Ronnie a hand. “Thanks.”

Ronnie took Matt’s hand and let Matt pull him up. “You’re welcome, Sunshine.”