Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
432
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
609

The Idea

Summary:

Blair has a new idea of how they can celebrate Christmas Eve.

Work Text:

The Idea

By Patt

 

   

“Chief, do you have a list of items you would like for Christmas?  I don’t know what to get you, this year and it’s already Christmas Eve.”

 

Blair smiled at his friend.  “You know what I would like to do this year instead of exchanging presents?”

 

“I can’t wait to hear,” Jim answered, in a teasing tone. 

 

“The University has a list of families that don’t have any way of getting presents for their children this year.  Their kids each listed one item they would like and I thought maybe we could do a couple of kids instead of buying for each other.”

 

“If they’re only asking for one item, Blair, we’ll take care of at least four or more kids.  How does that sound?”

 

“I’ve only got one hundred to spend, Jim.  Don’t go crazy.” 

 

“What sort of things are they asking for?” Jim asked. 

 

“For instance, this boys name is Ben and he’s asking for a basketball.”

 

“So I could get him a portable hoop and you could get him the basketball, right?”

 

“Wow, you would do that?” Blair was amazed at Jim sometimes. 

 

Get the lists out and let’s make plans,” Jim said. 

 

“Ben’s sister has asked for a doll,” Blair said. 

 

“Then we’ll get her a wooden bed and high chair to go with it.” Jim added this to his list.

 

“That doesn’t seem fair that you’re giving so much more,” Blair pointed out. 

 

“I have more to give, Chief. Besides, it’s the thought that counts, am I right? Now let’s get busy and go shopping.”

 

The two men bundled up and left the loft happy as could be and feeling good about what they planned to do. 

 

“How many kids are we shopping for, Chief?”

 

“I would say six, if we watch our money.”

 

“Six it is,” Jim answered. 

 

Thanks, Jim.”

 

“Merry Christmas, Blair.”

 

“Back at ya,” Blair replied. 

 

“I’m going to call my dad and my brother when I get home and tell them this is what I want for Christmas.  Even more kids could get presents if we spread the word,” Jim said. 

 

“That would be great, Jim.  Maybe we’ll even spread the word in the bullpen, what do you think of that?”

 

I think it sounds like a hellava good idea.”

 

There were going to be six children that had presents under the tree because of these two giving men.  And if they had their way, there would be many more taken care of, too.

 

The end.