Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Willow Snape
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,469
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
36
Hits:
1,381

Silver Serpent

Summary:

Drusilla was seperated from Spike when she met this fascinating blond man in England...

uses Jinni's Poetry Challenge #11, set in the same world as 'Dark Summer' and slightly before 'Dark Fall'

Work Text:

author: Lucinda
rating: pg13/pg16
main character(s): Drusilla, Lucius Malfoy
disclaimer: If you recognize them, they are not mine. Anyone from BtVS or A:tS is the creation of Joss Whedon. Lucius Malfoy is the creation of JK Rowling
distribution: CauldronChronicles, OADNT, Twisting, Paula, Cat - anyone else ask
notes: response to Jinni's Poetry Quote challenge, week #11. Also the tale of how Dru and Lucius ended up together in 'Dark Fall'.


Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe

"Beware the Jaberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

-- Lewis Caroll, Jabberwocky

* * * * * * * * * * *

Dru couldn't quite say when she first heard the little song in the stars. Only a few of them were singing it at first, one here, one there in the west, and one behind the moon... A soft song, nearly drowned out by the other stars and their silver crystal voices. But this was a different song, green and angry, full of snakes and death and magic.

Of course, she loved it. She would sway to it's music, dancing beneath the stars as she tried to divine the names of the stars singing the sweet song of death. Over the years, the song spread, and more stars sang of green death and serpents. It made her smile and clap her hands in glee, and then she would insist that her tarnished knight take her out to kill someone slow and unsuspecting, someone who didn't hear the song of the stars.

She was weak when the song faltered, and could do little more than whimper in pain as the harmonies shattered, the stars falling away as the sky wept. The lovely, green song was being silenced.

And then they went to Sunnydale, and her daddy came back to them. She was made strong again, and her Spike was made weak. For a while, she was with her Daddy again, and she didn't care about the green song.

But then, her dark knight took her away as the nasty taffy girl fought her Daddy. When next she woke up, she was in a green place, full of growing things and little dancing blood fairies. It was a place where water spun in the air and the people danced and sang for everything.

The green song came back, louder than ever. So many different stars singing the same song, about snakes and fear and green death. And then she knew the truth - the One whom the stars sang about had been hurt, much like she had been in Prague. If the One could regain his strength, then his wonderful song would spread, and he would enforce his lovely vision over the whole world.

And so she used Charlie the Chaos demon to make her dark knight jealous. She used Charlie to make Spike mad enough to storm away in a fit of rage, and then slipped aboard a plane. She didn't know what country it would take her to, only that it would be closer to the One of the Green Song.

It was such a delightful surprise to find herself back in England again. She'd missed it so much... But it was different now. It had changed over the past century, and she no longer knew where to find everything that she needed.

And so she meandered around, nibbling on the tourists and exploring the new streets. So many new shops, so many different people... It was breathtaking, and the city danced and laughed around her.

She was in the park, enjoying the night air. There were still the fading songs and images of the day, with people whirling and gimbaling about, with dogs and children and darting around on tiny wheels. She could hear the stars clearly now, laughing and whispering their secrets to each other. But they were feeling sly, and their whispers were in Turkish, the tongue of secrets, and unfortunately a language that she had never learned.

He was there, walking in the moonlight, a black cloak fluttering behind him like the wings of a bird, and his pale hair like cobwebs. His eyes were cold and empty, like winter frost. He was perfect. And she could hear the song of his star, all high and silver white, like frost and bones. He knew the One, the serpent mage that would leave the whole world in fear, singing his green song.

"Do you hear the slithy toves as they gyre and gimbal on the wabe?"  She spoke softly, pitching her words to carry to him. He knew the One of the Green Song, and he could be useful in binging him back, but she didn't know how yet. She wouldn't know how until she looked into his eyes, stared at his soul.

      "What did you say?"  His voice held confusion, and he stopped, staring at her as if she'd just uttered nonsense, and his silver snake cane hissed at her, gleaming in the moonlight.

"Do you hear the slithy toves? Can you follow the flight of the Jubjub bird as it flutters over the red flowers?"  She smiled as she moved closer, putting a bit of sway to her hips, knowing that men of all sorts found that fascinating.

"What sort of flowers does the bird fly over?"  There was a sort of arrogance there, and the feeling that he was only humoring her.

"Silly man... the Jubjub is the bird of destiny, and it's cry can change the course of history. There is a song, a sweet song of fear and death and serpents...  Will you dance to it with me? Dance to the green song in the moonlight?"  She smiled, holding out one hand to him.

He placed one hand on hers, and it was warm and almost soft, the hand of someone who didn't need to chop his enemies to pieces himself. His eyes were the color of frost and cold, and she gazed into them, measuring his shriveled soul. This man was a wizard, a follower of the One of the Green Song, loyal to him. He was delightfully ruthless and evil, considering most people to be expendable pawns.

"I can help you bring him back. The lovely one who brings fear and death and green serpents in the air..."  She whispered her offer, curving her lips just a little, into the fetching half smile that had always reduced her Spike to putty in her hands. It showed hints of her white teeth, and made her cheeks look soft and gently rounded.  "You and I can do wonderful and terrible things together..."

"Will we be able to bring him back? To make him strong and powerful?"  His words were barely whispered, as if he might not even be certain that he'd spoken at all.

"My darling silver snake, we shall be brillig together. And I can make him immortal...  I can make you both immortal, and you shall look splendid and sinister and perfect forever."  She smiled at him, pulling him into a loose waltz under the stars.

"Immortal?"  He sounded intrigued and amused.  "You offer tempting things, dark lady. Who are you?"

She smiled, pulling him close enough to lay a light kiss over his lips, as gentle as the touch of a spider as it prepared to spin it's web, or to sting it's prey. She was luring him in, enthralling him with her eyes and her voice and the supple flow of fabric over her hips and bosom. She barely breathed the words out, forcing him to pay close attention to her, to fall that much deeper into her clutches. "I am Drusilla."

"I am Lucius Malfoy."  He leaned down, kissing her, a more demanding and forceful kiss than the one that she'd used. He wanted to impress and intimidate her, to believe that he was the most powerful, most aggressive one in the budding relationship.

Drusilla smiled, allowing his arms to surround her, to support her as the dance of seduction continued. Let him think he was calling the tune...  She had wrote the song, had sang along with it for years now. The more he thought he was in charge, the more she could make him do as she wished. Her Daddy had taught her well, and her Spike had only added polish to that particular lesson.

Let the stars sing a new song. A song of silver shadows, the song of Lucius and Drusilla, and their rise to power and glory. She would make the One strong again, and then she and Lucius would direct him in his rule of the world. And she would have eternity with her dazzling silver serpent. Simply brillig...

End Silver Serpent.



Series this work belongs to: